3 Effective Ways To Get Rid Of Smoke Smell In Hair Quickly
You must have passed a group of smokers on the street, and suddenly realized that your beautiful hair was smelly smoke.
Smoke is difficult to remove with traditional cleaning methods such as cleaning or vacuuming. However, it is not difficult to find alternative ways to remove the smell of smoke from your hair.
You can protect your hair and get rid of this unwanted scent with the tips we will provide below.
3 effective ways to get rid of smoke smell in hair quickly
The smell of cigarette smoke in your hair will make you less confident and less active in all activities.
In particular, if you are participating in a special event then the quick ways of handling take precedence. Here are some quick ways to get rid of the smoke smell in your hair.
Spritz a little dry shampoo on the roots of your hair, leave it on for a minute, then rub it on your scalp. This will help get rid of the smoke smell quickly.
Fragrances are known for their perfect concealment of body odor. Therefore, you can spray perfume on your hair if you only have a slight smell.
Add essential oils to your beauty routine. Because they are concentrated, they have a strong impact on the odorant and leave no greasy feeling in the hair.
Choose your favorite scent and pour a few drops onto the palm of your hand. Then gently rub the hair.
What kills the smell of smoke?
As we all know the smoke smell can be quite stubborn. Depending on the intensity of the smoky odor, the following treatments can be helpful in the hair and space around you.
Here are things that can kill the smoke smell not only in hair but also on other furniture.
- Vinegar: When applying vinegar to hair, it can naturally remove odors. In addition to eliminating the smell of smoke, vinegar can also helps you to remove dandruff, gel, beeswax, marshmallow, Aquaphor – Vaseline, dried blood, etc. from hair; even detox hair or lighten hair.
**Note, you can mix a little more lavender oil into the bowl to help deodorize the vinegar.
- Baking soda: You can sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on your hair to help absorb odors. Baking soda is also an effective way to remove hair dye without bleach.
- Gentle: Febreeze, a deodorant that is popular in many stores. Spraying Febreeze over the area can help reduce the smell of smoke.
- Activated carbon: This product is used not only as a detoxifying agent but also as a natural deodorant. Placing a bowl of activated carbon powder around your room can help absorb smoke odors.
- Clean air: The fresh air will help dispel the smoke.
- Ozone Generators: This product can help reduce or even deodorize smoke from your home.
What removes smoke from the air?
You are searching for a way to remove the smell of smoke from the air with no new toxins added.
You can safely remove this odor with some very basic and affordable products that you may already have in your home:
- Vinegar: The strong abrasion of vinegar will help reduce the unpleasant aroma of smoke effectively. Mix vinegar and lemon juice in a bottle and spray into a mist.
- Baking soda and activated charcoal: Sprinkle baking soda or activated carbon powder on the surface can remove cigarette odors and mildew odors.
- Coffee grounds: Coffee is not only useful for waking you up in the morning, but also helps reduce odors. Fill a few coffee filters with fresh grounds, place them in the smoke-affected area, and leave them on for a few days.
In a more serious case where homegrown methods to absorb smoke are ineffective, you should try using an air purifier.
Tobacco smoke is very dangerous to our health, so the smell of smoke is something that needs immediate attention. In this article, DIY methods are presented as a good first defense to get rid of harmful smoke odors in hair immediately.
Besides, for those concerned with long-term health and indoor pollution, air purifiers and filters will be more convenient.
However, to avoid wasting time dealing with the smell of cigarette smoke, it’s best to avoid close contact with them as much as possible.