One of the most annoying things people can have to their hair is the bad smell like it is burning.
This situation destroys our confidence and disturbs other people who have to suffer our smelly hair.
Fortunately, we can handle this in several simple ways, such as using hair perfumes, or natural oils (coconut oil, almond oil). These items are all proved to be safe and effective in removing the burnt smell of your hair.
How to get rid of burnt hair smell after flat ironing, curling or straightening?
If you often style your hair using tools that generate heat to shape the hair form, you probably experienced the horrible burnt smell, which is not easy to remove.
Nonetheless, many products on the market can help you deal with this situation, and hair perfumes should be the first thing that comes to mind.
Honestly, I also get myself a favorite hair perfume brand; it helps to remove burnt smell and give my hair a pleasant fragrance.
Things you will need
- A suitable hair perfume product
- A comb
- Step 1: Make sure that although your hair smells burnt, it is still dry. It helps the scent of perfume last longer in your hair.
- Step 2: Hold the product a few inches away from your hair and spray a small amount from ends to roots.
- Step 3: Comb through your hair or using hands to shake it. That helps the product ease the bad smell from your hair more effectively.
- Step 4: Leave it there, and the scent will overwhelm the burnt smell
How to get rid of burnt hair smell after washing?
If your hair always smells burnt after washing even when you don’t usually use heat to style it, don’t be freak out because that happens to many people. There are some nature-based products you can use to fix this problem.
Using almond oil and coconut oil to remove the burnt odor is highly recommended. I have got rid of the stinky smell on my hair buy using these items several times.
Things you will need
- Natural oils: Coconut oil or almond oil is fine
- Step 1: Pour the oil onto the palm of your hand and rub it
- Step 2: After washing your hair, apply a small amount of oil on your hair from the middle to end and leave it for about 15 minutes
- Step 3: Wash your hair thoroughly with water, or if you only apply a minimal amount of oil on your hair, you can leave it there without rínsing again.
Read more: How to get coconut oil out of hair?
Alternatives for hair perfumes?
There is an alternative for hair perfume if you need to remove the burnt odor but don’t want your hair to have a strong scent, which is dry shampoo.
There are many types of dry shampoo on the market, you can choose 1 of the following 4 types depending on your hair type:
Alternative for natural oils?
You can use baking soda instead of almond oil or coconut oil.
- You mix baking soda with water or shampoo and apply the mixture on your hair.
- Wait for about 3 minutes and rinse your hair with water.
Above are some ways you can apply to solve the burnt smell hair problem after treating it with heat or after washing just by using simple and available items such as hair perfume, dry shampoo, baking soda, or natural oils.
These methods are amazingly effective, but one piece of advice is you should try to avoid the burnt odor instead of fixing it.
Try to prevent overheating your hair when you style it with tools and choose suitable hair products for your hair, as are the best ways to keep it strong and healthy.