How to Get Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair?
Hair experts recommend coconut oil due to the many benefits it offers. After all, it’s considered a wonderful product that gives tender love and care to your hair.
Coconut oil is useful for hair strengthening and moisturizing. It effectively clears out dandruff, strengthens the shaft of the hair, and gives your hair a healthy, vibrant glow.
(That’s why so many people with dry hair love to use Coconut Shampoos and Conditioners)
However, too much coconut oil can make the hair very oily and thick, eventually clogging the hair follicles. And now probably you will wonder How to Get Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair?
Excess coconut oil in hair can be challenging to wash out using only regular shampoo and water.
When using the methods specified below, ensure that the water used to rinse your hair is not cold. This is because coconut oil is harder to get rid of using cold water.
This article provides step-by-step instructions on the best methods for getting rid of too much coconut oil in your hair.
Get Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair by Natural Solutions
Lemon juice, honey, and water
Lemon juice contains citric acid which is strong enough to get coconut oil out of your hair without damaging the hair or harming the scalp.
Lemon juice in concentrated form makes the hair dry, so remember to dilute it with water as specified.
Two tablespoons of honey may be added to this recipe to make the hair softer. Lime juice may also be substituted for lemon juice.
To start, simply follow these steps:
- Select 2 lemons and cut them in half, using a horizontal cut.
- Prepare a clean empty bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of honey.
- Add 8 ounces of water into the bowl and mix.
- Pour the mixture into your hair, starting from the scalp.
- Wait for 8-10 minutes.
- Rinse scalp with water that is moderately warm.
Now you have perfect hair free from coconut oil.
Egg and water mixture
Egg and water mixture is one of the easiest ways to get coconut oil out of your hair.
Follow these steps:
- Use 2-3 eggs per hair wash. Open eggs and pour them into a bowl.
- Beat eggs until thoroughly mixed.
- Add 32 ounces of water into a bowl.
- Mix it well.
- Massage the mixture into the dry scalp and hair.
- Let the mixture stay for 10 minutes.
- Wash it out thoroughly with water that is cool or lukewarm.
Note: Egg removes excess oil and increases hair protein. However, you have to make sure that the water used to rinse out this mixture is not hot. You don’t want scrambled eggs on your hair!
Baking soda and water
Baking soda forms a bond with coconut oil, making it detached from the scalp.
Add this paste mixture to the parts of your scalp that have the most oil. When you are done with that, you may proceed to apply it to other oily regions.
Simply follow these steps to get rid of coconut oil:
- Measure 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Add a small amount of water. You need a paste consistency.
- Apply it to the oily parts of your scalp.
- Rinse it out thoroughly with warm or lukewarm water.
Using Shampoo And Aloe Vera to Get Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair
The gel from aloe vera cleanses the hair from excess oil as you wash it out. It has the added benefit of soothing the scalp and making the hair look healthy.
Simply follow these steps:
- Measure out one spoonful of gel from aloe vera plant or a store-bought aloe vera gel.
- Add the gel to your usual shampoo. You may measure out the amount of shampoo you will use in a cup, and add gel into it. Mix it thoroughly.
- Massage the mixture thoroughly in your scalp and hair.
- Wait for 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to rest.
- Wash it out thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Using Clarifying Shampoo And Hair Conditioner to Remove Excess Coconut Oil In Hair
Clarifying shampoo and hair conditioner for oily hair is an influential duo against excess coconut oil in hair. They cleanse dirt, impurities, and excess oil from the hair, making it clean and healthy.
For use, apply the shampoo on the hair first, starting from the scalp and working your way down to the whole mane. Massage it gently until all the roots and ends are thoroughly wet. Your hair should be well lathered.
Rinse the shampoo out of the scalp. Apply the hair conditioner to your hair. Apply it as liberally as you did the shampoo.
Allow your hair to stay for 3 to 5 minutes. After that, wash out the conditioner thoroughly.
After get coconut oil out of your hair, take care your dry hair with some of the following Shampoos and conditioners:
- The 16 Best Drugstore Shampoos and Conditioners for Dry Damaged Hair
- The 27 Best Keratin Shampoos and Conditioners for Damaged Hair
- The 15 Best Drugstore Shampoos and Conditioners for Fine Hair
No-Rinse Solutions For Getting Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair
Last but not least effective method to get coconut oil out of your hair: Using dry shampoo.
Dry shampoo may come in powder or aerosol form. You may use either form of dry shampoos. This formula is designed to refresh the hair and remove extra oil.
Apply the dry shampoo to your dry scalp. Sprinkle it around your scalp, beginning with the small sections of your head. Add more if needed.
The maximum amount of dry shampoo you should add is 1 tablespoon. Do not add more to your scalp at a time since dry shampoo has a drying effect on the scalp.
After applying the powder, divide your hair into 4 sections. Use a hair comb to comb your hair from the scalp to the ends. Comb the hair until the dry shampoo powder has blended properly.
If your hair is dark or black, the dry shampoo may result in a visible residue. The residue may be removed by thoroughly washing your hair with water and liquid clarifying shampoo.
Some dry shampoos can help get rid of the excess coconut oil on your tresses:
Coconut oil is widely recommended by hair experts for its many benefits. However, too much coconut oil has an unpleasant oily feel which can make the hair too thick and hard to manage.
Solutions to excess coconut oil in hair include natural treatments like lemon juice and honey, egg wash, baking soda, and water mixtures.
Dry and liquid shampoo may be used too, with aloe vera added into the liquid shampoo for the best results. These solutions can cleanse and hydrate your hair, giving it a beautiful sheen.
Now you know How to Get Coconut Oil Out of Your Hair. Let’s try at least one of these methods and tell me about your experiences!