The 16 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Brazilian Blowouts
Published by Aida Turner
Fact checked by Annie
Don’t you wish you could wake up to beautiful, salon-level hair every single day?
I know how hard it is to consistently maintain intensely smooth, tamed, and shiny hair on the regular because it requires a lot of time, patience, and skills on those hot tools!
But we hair junkies have truly been blessed with the rise of Brazilian Blowouts.
It’s a treatment woman all around the world flock to so they can get silky, no-frizz, fresh-out-of-the-parlor hair even when after a rough night.
But with great beauty comes great responsibility. Brazilian Blowouts need specific aftercare methods to help keep the treatment useful for longer.
The first step? Finding the right shampoo and conditioner.
Brazilian Blowout Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner
- All organic ingredients
- Loads of moisture and nutrients
- Uses amino acids for extra strength
Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo
- Weightless Frizz Control
- Anti Frizz for Smoother Hair
- Sulfate Free
Brazilian Blowout Anti Aging Shampoo and Conditioner
- Babassu and argan oils
- Includes keratin proteins for hair strength
- Extra moisture and hydratio
What is a Brazilian blowout?
The Brazilian blowout is a unique hair treatment that coats every strand of hair with a liquid keratin formula to keep them healthy, shiny, and frizz-free.
Women with kinky, frizzy, hard to manage the hair are usually the prime prospects for this treatment.
Brazilian blowouts help make your hair smoother and softer to the touch while taming any frizziness and fluff.
Because protein coats the hair, it protects it from heat styling and UV damage as well. The result is beautiful salon hair that’s sleek, shiny, and healthy.
Many people assume it straightens your hair, but curly girls can actually keep their curl pattern after a blowout if they prefer it.
You can ask your stylist for a formula that can tame your frizz but lets you keep your waves and ringlets.
This blowout allows for more flexibility post-treatment.
Unlike relaxing or perms, which have so many restrictions on tying or washing your hair, a Brazilian blowout allows you to do pretty much anything to your hair once treatment is done.
This hair-strengthening and softening treatment started in Brazil, but in recent years has spread like wildfire across the world, from the top hair salons in New York to the corner parlors in Southeast Asia.
It continues to be one of the most popular hair treatments out there, which is no surprise with its triple threat benefits—adding softness, taming frizz, and strengthening the hair.
How can I maintain and prolong my Brazilian blowout?
A Brazilian blowout usually lasts around three months. But with the right aftercare, you can extend its longevity and reap its benefit for a longer time.
There are lots of tips and tricks to care for your treatment.
Deep conditioning your hair every week can help retain your treatment’s benefits of silkiness and moisture.
Meanwhile, avoiding swimming in pools with chlorinated water will keep your keratin from breaking down.
But perhaps the most effective way to maintain your treatment is by getting the right shampoo and conditioner for your post-blowout hair.
Granted, washing your hair less often will help prolong your Brazilian blowout life because you won’t be stripping the keratin out with a harsh cleaning agent.
But when you do need to wash your hair, there are a few rules you need to follow.
The golden rule of shampooing and conditioning post-keratin treated hair is to avoid any sulfates.
Sulfates are harsh detergent brands include in many hair products, shampoos especially.
They give you those satisfying foamy suds and bubbles when you clean your hair, but they’re also responsible for stripping off any chemicals in your hair, be it color or protein treatments.
If you avoid sulfates, you can maintain your Brazilian blowout for longer because it doesn’t wash off the keratin right away.
Other ingredients to avoid include sodium chloride (better known as salt) and chlorine, both of which can also strip off chemicals and natural oils in the hair.
So now that you know what kind of shampoos and conditioners to look for to pamper your Brazilian blowout, let me run you through some of my all-time favorites.
See also: The 28 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Swimmers
The Best Shampoo and Conditioner for Brazilian Blowouts
1. Brazilian Blowout Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner
Let’s start off with a combo that is a favorite among stylists and professionals.
This tandem contains loads of moisture and nutrients your hair needs to retain your Brazilian blowout’s strength and style.
Both products are infused with a unique Brazilian Super-Nutrient Complex to keep the hair healthy.
- Contains loads of nutrients and moisture
- Infused with Brazilian Super-Nutrients Complex
- Keeps your hair healthy and soft
- Uses amino acids for extra strength
While the shampoo cleanses the hair and uses amino acids to give it extra strength, the conditioner softens and repairs the hair, locking out humidity too.
Related: The 25 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Dry Scalp
- Moisturizes and keeps your scalp hydrated
- Improves overall hair health
- Provides all the needed nutrients
- No scent at all
2. Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo
This natural, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner for Brazilian Blowouts are packed with exotic and exquisite superfoods that give your hair the moisture, shine, and resilience it needs to maintain your keratin treatment.
Cupuacu, known as the king of superfruits, is said to be even more moisturizing than shea butter, so it helps with the overall elasticity and bounce of your hair.
- Sulfate-free formula
- Infused with shea butter
- Acai berry’s as an antioxidant
- Provides vitamins A, C and E
Meanwhile, acai berry’s antioxidant properties protect the hair from environmental aggressors, and buriti provides vitamins A, C, and E, along with natural shine.
- Combats hair damage and dryness
- Keeps your hair healthy and good-looking
- Provides a natural dose of shiness
- Lacks moisture
3. Brazilian Blowout Anti Aging Shampoo and Conditioner
Your hair needs the perfect balance between protein and moisture to stay healthy and keep your Brazilian blowout looking on-point.
Luckily, this duo provides both.
- Argan and babassu oils
- Mango and capacu seed butter
- Infused with keratin proteins
- Fights frizz and provides shiness
They fight frizz and add shine and moisture to the hair with babassu and argan oils and mango and cupuacu seed butter.
It also includes keratin proteins to repair and strengthen the hair, which sustains your treatment and makes it even more useful.
- Contains therapeutical herbs
- Gets rid of split ends and damaged hairs
- Repairs and maintains hair health
- Requires huge amounts of the product
4. LuxeOrganix Rejuvenating Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
Argan oil is a popular hair care ingredient because it moisturizes the strands deeply, bringing it back to life with bounce, softness, and shine.
This argan oil shampoo and conditioner duo is infused with this gorgeous oil to hydrate the hair and preserve your treatment.
- UV protection included
- Infused with argan oil
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- Bounce, softness and shine assured
It doesn’t include sulfates, sodium chloride, or parabens.
It provides UV protection that helps prevent heat damage under the sun. All these make it perfect for your Brazilian blowout.
- Moisturizes and hydrates your skin
- Prevents breakage
- Can be mixed with other essential oils
- The bottle can leak
5. L’Oreal EverSleek Sulfate-Free Keratin Caring Shampoo and Conditioner
This sulfate-free line by L’Oreal offers a shampoo that gently cleanses treated hair while supplying keratin proteins it needs to be repaired and appropriately restructured.
Meanwhile, the conditioner smoothens out the hair by moisturizing it without weighing it down.
- Perfect for keratin-treated hair
- Infused with sunflower oil
- Supplies extra keratin
- Isn’t formulated with silicones or salts
Both products contain sunflower oil, which is known to have excellent nutrients that keep proteins in the hair healthy.
They aren’t formulated with silicones and harsh salts, which is a plus for keratin-treated hair.
- Deeply nourishes your skin
- Provides vitamins and antioxidants
- Moisturizes and hydrates
- Non-attractive scent
6. Damila Salt & Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Nourishing Conditioner
If you’re looking for a luxurious Brazilian blowout aftercare line that uses natural ingredients look no further.
This set enhances your keratin treatment with botanicals that hydrate and bring the natural shine back into your hair.
The shampoo extends the life of your treatment by washing the hair thoroughly without any sulfates.
- Beneficial proteins included
- Infused with aloe and silk amino acids
- Contains sunflower seed and olive oils
- Forumlated with lots of botanicals
It has proteins to replenish your keratin complex, ensuring your treatment lasts longer.
The conditioner softens the hair with the help of aloe, sunflower seed oil, olive oil, and silk amino acids, all of which make your hair touchable and shiny.
- Deeply nourishes your hair
- Has a detoxifying effect
- Provides all the necessary nutrients for hair growth
- Hard to lather
7. Pure Nature Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
Another hydrating tandem of argan oil products is this shampoo and conditioner by Pure Nature.
These help restore moisture balance in the hair since it’s already heavy in protein from your treatment. They also contain thermal protection to prevent damage from heat.
- Heavy in proteins
- Contains loats of argan oil
- Doesn’t contain sulfates, parabens or gluten
- Prevents damage from heat-styling
The line doesn’t contain sulfates, sodium chloride, parabens, or gluten.
That ticks off the golden rules for Brazilian blowout aftercare, so you can be sure this duo will be good to you.
- Packes your hair with nutrients
- Nourishes and moisturizes
- Helps with frizzines
- Broken packages spotted
8. Herbal Essences Honey and Vitamin B Shampoo and Conditioner
If you love the smell of honey, this sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner set will be irresistible.
This set cleanses the hair gently and is the product safe for color-treated hair to use.
- Nice smell of honey
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Contains vitamin B
- Enhances hair growth
It has vitamin B, known as biotin, to rejuvenate and renew the hair’s overall growth and health.
Let the sweet scent of honey, jasmine, and vanilla envelop you in the shower while you cleanse and condition your treated hair!
- Deeply moisturizes your scalp
- Has a nice and pleasant scent
- Strengthens your hair with extra vitamins
- Too oily
9. NYK1 Salt and Sulphate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
These two products were designed specifically to extend your Brazilian keratin treatment life, so you already know it has no salt and sulfates.
- Has no sulfates or salts
- Contains coconut oils
- Deep moisturizing effect
This shampoo and conditioner with coconut maintain not just your blowout but also color if you have any, make it smooth and soft with deep moisture.
- Soothes dry hair
- Deeply cleanses and hydrates
- Develops a protective barrier
- You might not like the smell
10. Perfect Hair Focus Rejuvenating Shampoo and Conditioner
One of the best ways to care for chemically treated hair is by nourishing it deeply with rich emollients.
This sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner set is formulated with jojoba, coconut, and argan oil to give your hair the deepest nourishment possible so that it can stay moisturized and soft.
- Contains biotin
- Packed with vitamins C and A
- Has jojoba, coconut and argan oils
- Perfect for chemically treated hair
It also contains biotin and vitamins C and A to revive damaged hair, which is typically the case for treated hair after some time.
- Boosts natural hair growth
- Maintains a healthy hair
- Makes your hair soft and shiny
- Can make yout scalp itchy
11. Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner
This set by Aveeno gives your hair that refreshing post-shower feeling with hydrating glycerin and algae extract to provide the hair with extra glow and shine.
It lightly rebalances your hair’s hydration levels without risking moisture overload.
- Perfect hair hydration
- Works great with chemical treatments
- Contains hydrating glycerin
- Infused with algae extracts
The naturally-derived shampoo and conditioner formulas help to lift off any impurities in the scalp without stripping the hair of moisture and other chemical treatments, like your Brazilian blowout.
- Repairs damaged hair
- Removes hair breakage
- Deeply nourishes and conditions
- Hard to lather
12. Peter Coppola Legacy Keratin Concept Shampoo and Conditioner
This total repair shampoo and conditioner are sulfate-free, the way you need it to be, while restoring a balance between protein and moisture.
They contain keratin and ceramides to help reduce frizz and add some luster to your treated hair without a heavy feeling.
- Contains keratin and ceramides
- Sulfate and paraben free formula
- Smoothens and straightens your hair
- Great balance between protein and moisture
With regular use of this duo, you can extend the life of your Brazilian blowout.
Both products smoothen and straighten your hair even more, and also doesn’t break down the keratin in your locks.
- Prevents your hair from split ends
- Keeps your hair healthy and shiny
- Eliminates frizz and dryness
- Nut allergies reported
13. Kachita Spell K-Shield Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
This product is a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner which is perfect for you if you’re trying to cut down on products but still want to provide your keratin-treated hair with moisture and nutrients.
It protects and strengthens the hair with wheat germ oil, making your hair shiny and bouncy overall.
- Wheat germs oil for extra strength
- Doesn’t have salts, sulfates and parabens
- Makes yout hair shiny and bouncy
- Works nicely with keratin-treated hair
It doesn’t have sulfates, salt, and parabens to ensure your Brazilian blowout stays locked in.
- Repairs split ends and damaged hair
- Leaves your hair nice and shiny
- Works great with non-sensitive scalps
- Contains sulfates
14. Alfaparf Keratin Therapy Maintenance Shampoo
The keratin therapy line by Alfaparf has got to be one of the most genius Brazilian blowout aftercare lines out there.
It’s designed just for post-keratin care, so you already know it has no sulfates, salt, and parabens.
- Has babassu oil for extra softness
- Special kera-collagen complex
- Designed for post-keratin care
- Right amount of moisture
This shampoo cleanses the hair gently yet thoroughly and provides the right amount of moisture and restucturing to the hair.
It has babassu oil that softens and deeply nourishes the hair to make it soft, and a special kera-collagen complex to strengthen the hair strands.
- Prevents hair from breakage
- Leaves your jair soft and shiny
- Brings a nice, addictive fragrance
- Doesn’t work great with oily hair
15. Alfaparf Keratin Therapy Maintenance Conditioner
And of course, you can’t maintain keratin treatments’ smoothness and softness without a good conditioner to match.
This one has the same ingredients the line’s shampoo comes with—babassu oil to make the hair silky smooth and kera-collagen complex for hair repair and strength.
- Babassu oil for extra moisture
- Works nice with tangled hair
- Complete shiness and softness
- Sulfate and salt free formula
This sulfate-free and salt-free conditioner is also excellent at detangling the hair for a more seamless and flawless look.
It also provides impressive gloss throughout the day to complement the shine you already have from your Brazilian blowout.
- Strengths and deeply cleanses
- Promotes hair growth
- Extends the lifetime of your hair
- The packaging might be broken
16. SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner
Let’s end this list with a crowd favorite among sulfate-free hair enthusiasts.
SheaMoisture is known to carry hair products that have no harsh detergents, like sulfates. And when it comes to balancing your keratin treatment with moisture, this is just the brand for you.
- Raw shea butter
- Argan oil for extra nourishment
- No harsh detergents or sulfates
- Makes your hair soft and silky
Their raw shea butter and argan oil shampoo and conditioner provide deep nourishment to moisturize your hair and make it soft, sleek, and shiny.
Sea kelp also helps to repair hair damage so that you can get more robust locks.
- Enhances hair health
- Prevents your hair from damage
- Does a great deal cleansing your scalp
- Can be a bit drying
When picking out your products after getting a Brazilian blowout, remember the golden rule: No sulfates, because that means washing out the treatment keeping your hair smooth, healthy, and put together.
With proper Brazilian blowout aftercare, you can fulfill every girl’s dream of waking up to dazzling, frizz-free hair without even having to touch it.
So grab a shampoo and conditioner combo from this list that caught your eye and make sure your hair stays gorgeous for longer.
Brazilian Blowout Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner
All organic ingredients
Loads of moisture and nutrients
Uses amino acids for extra strength
Founder & Hair Beauty Specialist
I’m Aida and this is my blog where I write mostly about beauty and make up related stuff, but I like to spice it up a bit with lifestyle and photography posts. Or with whatever that comes to my mind. Hope you will enjoy the reading enough that we will ‘see’ each other more often!