The 16 Best 2-in-1 Shampoos and Conditioners 2022
We all know shampoo’s and conditioner’s roles in our hair care routine. Shampoo cleanses the scalp, while the conditioner moisturizes the hair.
Many people love their routine and bask in the experience of washing their scalp and squishing their hair with conditioner so every strand can soak up the hydration.
But some low-maintenance souls prefer their showers to simply be wash and go.
Some people want to care for their hair properly but aren’t a fan of long hair wash days and want to cut it down as much as possible so they can go on with their day.
If that sounds like you, what you need is a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner—a product that combines the two most basic hair wash steps for your convenience.
You get all the thorough cleansing benefits of shampoo while replenishing your locks with moisture with conditioning ingredients.
Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Infused with nutrients and vitamins
- Soft and smooth hair
- Interesting scent that smells sweet and fresh
Aveeno Fresh Greens Blend 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Rosemary, peppermint and cucumber
- Deeply moisturizing and nourishing effect
- Rich in oat and other beneficial nutrients
MITCH Double Hitter 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Fresh and musky scent
- Designed for men’s use
- Narural shine and luster all day long
What exactly is a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner?
The 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner first made waves in the 1980s.
It was invented upon hair companies’ realization that people shampooed all the time, but not many used conditioner, so they were stuck with clean but immensely dry hair.
If you’re a big hair care enthusiast, you may be a bit skeptical and thinking, “Shampoo and conditioner will always play different roles! You can’t Frankenstein them into one product!”.
But the science behind how it works makes a lot of sense.
This twofer is technically shampoo at its very core. It has the classic cleaning agents that work their magic on your scalp and hair follicles to purify them properly, like sulfates.
But it’s also infused with conditioning ingredients—like slippery silicones and peptides—to soften and hydrate the hair properly while you cleanse.
It also helps you easily detangle your hair to make it smooth and silky.
Many people don’t realize that many shampoos today already use this technology of combining cleaning and conditioning ingredients, even if they aren’t marketed as a 2-in-1 product.
That only goes to show you how effective a 2-in-1 is.
It’s an awesome product to have in your shower if you’re looking to cut down your budget for hair care shopping, as well as the time it takes to wash your hair.
It offers convenience and affordability without sacrificing hair health.
Is a 2-in-1 product better than having separate shampoo and conditioner?
Using shampoo and conditioner separately is excellent for people who prefer to control what ingredients they use for moisturizing the hair.
It’s ideal for those with kinky and coily curls, who need a thick, deeply nourishing conditioner when they wash their hair.
- The 25 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Curly Hair Reviews
- The 20 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Weaves)
But when is going for a 2-in-1, the smarter option?
It’s definitely better than using a shampoo without following up with the conditioner.
Using a clarifying shampoo with harsh cleaning agents alone can dry out your hair. It’s wise to replace that with a 2-in-1 with conditioning agents to nourish and smooth down your hair.
A 2-in-1 is also a better option for those on a tight budget but don’t want to skimp on giving their hair top-quality care.
With this kind of product, you can wash your hair and condition simultaneously without breaking the bank.
Using fewer products in your shower routine decreases the chances of irritation.
It’s also great to use on children, who usually have finer hair and not a lot of it. A 2-in-1 would be a great way to get them in and out of the shower faster.
Men with short hair would also appreciate a 2-in-1 because, well, they don’t really need intense conditioning in the first place.
Interested in buying a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for you or a loved one? Here are the best ones out there:
The 16 Best 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
1. Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
This product is a drugstore shampoo and conditioner for dry damaged hair you must try.
This is infused with all the nutrients and vitamins of their Pro-V line to make sure your hair is healthy and hydrated in just one step.
- Beneficial nutrients and vitamins
- Perfect for dry damaged hair
- Protein-stregthening antioxidants
- Nice, enthralling scent
It has protein-strengthening antioxidants to make sure your hair is healthy and resilient to damage. Simultaneously, it makes the hair super soft and touchable from root to tip.
The best part is that it has an enthralling scent of berries, flowers, and creamy vanilla, so you can smell sweet and fresh all day long.
- Moisturizes and keeps your scalp hydrated
- Improves overall hair health
- Deeply cleanses and hydrates
- The bottle might get to you spilled
2. Aveeno Fresh Greens Blend 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
This gentle yet stimulating 2-in-1 by Aveeno thoroughly cleanses the hair while conditioning it to be smooth and silky. It has many natural ingredients and botanicals to stimulate your scalp and promote thick and healthy hair growth.
- Contains lots of botanicals
- Only natural ingredients
- Thick and health hair growth
- Infused with rosemary and peppermint
This product is rich in oat, known to soften the hair and make it easy to detangle like using a detangling shampoo and conditioner.
It’s also infused with rosemary, peppermint, and cucumber for a refreshing wash.
- Combats hair damage and dryness
- Helps with detangling
- Provides a natural dose of shiness
- Lacks moisture
3. MITCH Double Hitter 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
If you’re looking for something more upscale and luxurious, try this 2-in-1 by MITCH.
It’s designed for men’s use, but anyone who loves fresh and musky scents will enjoy this.
A little goes a long way with this product. A small amount creates a rich and hearty lather that gently yet thoroughly washes your scalp.
- Rich and hearty lather
- Conditioning and hydrating ingredients
- Designed for men’s use
- Fresh and musky scents
It’s also infused with conditioning and hydrating ingredients to moisturize your hair and give it some natural shine and luster.
- Leaves a nice, pleasant scent
- Gets rid of split ends and damaged hairs
- Repairs and maintains hair health
- The packaging might be broken
4. Head & Shoulders Green Apple 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
Conditioning isn’t the only benefit of 2-in-1 hair wash products.
This one by Head & Shoulders cleanses and hydrates the hair but focuses on eliminating and preventing dandruff through proper scalp care.
- Fights dandruff
- Deeply cleanses and moisturizes
- Fresh green apple fragrance
It cleans and nourishes the hair and scalp to combat dry flakes, so you can look and feel confident.
The green apple fragrance lasts long in the hair too, so that you can smell like fresh and delicious fruit all day.
- Doesn’t have sulfates, oils, gluten or other chemicals
- Moisturizes and hydrates your skin
- Prevents dandruff and leaves a nice scent
- Not the best for oily hair
5. Old Spice Swagger 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
Another 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for men who want a dash of attitude in their shampoo’s scent is this 2-in-1 by Old Spice.
It gives the hair a rigorous wash but complements it with rich conditioning too.
- Perfect for daily usage
- Not an overpowering scent
- Fresh smell
- Rich in nutrients and nourishing
It has a fresh yet full and musky smell any man can feel confident in.
Unlike other men’s hair care products, the scent of this isn’t too overpowering, so it’s perfect for daily use.
- Deeply nourishes your skin
- Works perfect as a daily cleansing
- Moisturizes and hydrates
- Might get a spilled bottle
6. Neutrogena Daily Control T/Gel 2-in-1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner
If you have a sensitive scalp that flakes a lot, you can still use the shampoos and conditioner for sensitive scalp separately, or you probably want fewer products in your routine to avoid irritation and dandruff.
Luckily, Neutrogena’s 2-in-1 is super gentle for your delicate condition and helps get rid of dandruff.
- Plenty of nutrients and vitamin E
- Works great for sensitive scalps
- Formulated with pyrithione zinc
- Helps with irritation and dandruff
This is formulated with 1% pyrithione zinc, which treats dermatitis on the scalp—otherwise known as dandruff—providing immediate relief from itchiness.
It has vitamin E to strengthen and smoothen your hair too!
- Deeply nourishes your hair
- Fights dandruff and dead skin cells
- Provides all the necessary nutrients for hair
- Has a changed formula
7. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner
This 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner by Herbal Essences promises lush and silky locks from its nourishing creamy coconut and orchid essences.
It hydrates deeply because of these botanicals, so you don’t have to do a second-step conditioner to moisturize your tresses.
- Free of gluten, parabens and mineral oi
- Nourishing effect
- Contains coconut oil and orchid essence
- Only natural ingredients usage
It’s gentle to the hair and scalp because it doesn’t contain any gluten, parabens, or mineral oil.
It’s also a good shampoo and conditioner for colored hair.
- Packes your hair with nutrients
- Nourishes and moisturizes
- Works perfect with color-treated hair
- Not the best consistency
8. JASON Dandruff Relief 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
Who says you need to splurge on a thick conditioner to soothe your delicate scalp condition?
With this 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner by JASON, you can cleanse your hair, soften it, and get rid of dandruff too.
- Minimizes scalp eczema
- Deeply cleanses your hair and skin
- Does a great deal removing dandruff
It’s a fantastic product overall because you wash and condition your hair in one step, and get rid of pesky dandruff flakes too.
- Deeply cleanses and moisturizes your scalp
- Has a nice and pleasant scent
- Removes irritation and inflammation
- Not the best for dry hair
9. Love Beauty and Planet Volume and Bounty 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner Bar
If you want to try something new and unique, opt for this shampoo and conditioner bar by Love Beauty and Planet.
- Coconut water and mimosa
- Sweet, tropical fragrance
- Perfect for color-treated hair
- A lot of conditioning ingredients
This volume shampoo and conditioner gently cleanses the hair and has conditioning ingredients that smooth it down to a silky finish.
This bar is infused with coconut water and mimosa flower to hydrate the hair properly and give it lots of body and volume.
To top it all off, they lend a sweet, tropical fragrance you won’t be able to get enough of!
- Soothes dry hair
- Deeply cleanses and hydrates
- Leaves a nice, fresh scent
- You might not like the smell
10. Dove Dermacare Scalp 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
Dove has always been known for its moisturizing and rich, creamy formulas.
This 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner has those same signature nourishing qualities to care for the hair and get rid of dandruff in the scalp.
- Creamy formula
- Signature nourishing qualities
- Hydrating effect
- Infused with coconut milk
This freshly scented product washes the hair without stripping it of natural oils and softens it too.
The formula soothes irritation on the scalp brought on by dandruff and helps you become flake-free.
- Helps with dandruff and flakes
- Maintains a healthy hair
- Makes your hair soft and shiny
- Strong perfume
11. L’Oreal Kids Extra Gentle 2-in-1 Shampoo
If your kids love strawberries, then this is a 2-in-1 they’ll look forward to when shower time rolls around!
This shampoo gently washes fine hair and leaves it shiny, smooth, and free of tangles.
- Infused with lavender and chamomile oils
- Nice, pleasant scent
- Shiny, smooth texture of your hair
- Tear-free formula
It’s been tested by both dermatologists and ophthalmologists to be sure it’s good for young skin and is tear-free.
It has a sweet and creamy strawberry smoothie scent that will surely make bath time a great experience for you and the kids.
- Leaves a nice scent
- Works great for kids
- Deeply nourishes and conditions
- Hard to lather
12. Suave Daily 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
This 2-in-1 by Suave is made with a micro-moisturizing complex that softens and conditions the hair without leaving any product buildup.
Because it’s not heavy, it’s perfect for daily use.
- Doesn’t have sulfates, parabens or phthalates
- Micro-moisturing complex
- Based on plants and botanicals
Its weightless formula makes sure your hair’s moisture levels are balanced so that you can enjoy clean hair and beautiful, hydrated, silky locks thanks in just one step.
- Prevents your hair from split ends
- Keeps your hair healthy and shiny
- It’s perfect for daily usage
- The package might get to your broken
13. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Kids 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
And of course, we can’t forget about those cute, curly kids!
SheaMoisture offers this 2-in-1 wash product for children who need their curls to pop and shine, and enjoy a sweet scent too!
- Slippery elm and marshmallow extracts
- Sweet, interesting scent
- Silicone-free formula
- Perfect for curly hair
This product nourishes your child’s hair thanks to rich coconut oil in shampoo and conditioner.
And with slippery elm and marshmallow extracts, it’s a dream for detangling your little one’s fairy knots.
- Provides all the nutrients
- Deeply nourishes and calms irritation
- Works great with kid’s hair
- Doesn’t help with oily scalps
14. Garnier Fructis Daily Care 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
If you need a little extra zing when you wake up in the morning, try this grapefruit 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner by Garnier.
It has antioxidants and natural proteins that help strengthen and fortify your hair shaft. It also provides nice slip to help hydrate and detangle your hair.
- Refreshing and fruity aroma
- Infused with antioxidants and natural proteins
- Strengthens and fortifies hair
- Helps with detangling
The refreshing, fruity aroma of this will surely wake you up and help you feel energized for the day!
- Deeply moisturizes and nourishes your scalp
- Strengthens your hair with natural proteins
- Makes your hair nice, smooth and silky
The package might get broken
15. Gryph and IvyRose Daily Embrace Shampoo and Conditioner
This product is a vegan and cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner which is super gentle and can be used by adults and young children.
Its juniper pomegranate scent is sweet and refreshing—perfect for your morning shower with your baby.
- Sweet and refreshing formula
- Free of sulfates, parabens and phthalates
- Super hydrating
- Nice scent
It doesn’t have any sulfates, parabens, and phthalates, so it’s safe for even the most gentle scalps.
Even without these ingredients, this shampoo is super hydrating and leaves the hair soft to the touch.
- Works great with kids
- Deeply cleanses sensitive scalps
- Adds volume and shiness
- Doesn’t have enough moisture
16. Garnier Whole Blends Hydrating Shampoo
This shampoo cleanses the hair thoroughly. With the help of ultra-nourishing natural ingredients, it softens the hair as well.
It’s infused with Indian coconut water for deep hydration and Madagascan vanilla to soften and moisturize the hair.
- Indian coconut water
- Madagascan vanilla
- Frizz free hair
- Softer and silkier than ever
These moisturizing ingredients work together to make sure your hair is smooth and silky, with all-day shine and bounce.
It’s made with a paraben-free natural blend, so you can be sure your hair is only getting the good stuff without the harshness of many shampoos.
- Cleanses and makes your hair smooth
- Deeply moisturizes your scalp
- Uses no sulfates or other chemicals
- You might not like the smell
Going for a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner instead of extra for particular products all boils down to preference.
If hair wash day is more of a quick chore to you than a pampering experience, a twofer is a no-brainer.
Just make sure you go for a product that suits your hair’s needs.
If you tend to use a lot of styling products, make sure it has clarifying properties. If your hair is dry, the more moisturizing your 2-in-1 is, the better.
At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong with an all-in-one product that pretty much does it all, and at your convenience too!
Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal
Infused with nutrients and vitamins
Soft and smooth hair
Interesting scent that smells sweet and fresh
Founder & Hair Beauty Specialist
I’m Aida and this is my blog where I write mostly about beauty and make up related stuff, but I like to spice it up a bit with lifestyle and photography posts. Or with whatever that comes to my mind. Hope you will enjoy the reading enough that we will ‘see’ each other more often!