Paul Mitchell Color XG
- Rice milk and cottonseed oil
- Doesn’t have harmful chemicals
- Perfect for sensitive skin and smell
Clairol Nice ‘n Easy
- Covers 100% of grey hair
- Fresh smell and floral fragrance
- Leaves Brazilian waves silkier, shinier and softer
Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kit
- Gives your hair follicles a healthy look
- Doesn’t stay permanently in your hair
- Perfect choice for the first at-home coloring
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Hair Dye for Brazilian Weave
Choose the right color
Hair dyes are usually darker than their actual image in the packaging. If you want to make sure that you are buying the shade you want, get at least 2 shades lighter from your desired color.
In this way, you are sure that you’re getting the right shade.
Hair dye-labeled as “Ash” is more in the green-ish shade, and it’s great for people who have a fair complexion.
The gold shade is yellowish in color and ideal if you want to conceal your silver hair. Neutral colors, however, are in the blue shade.
On the other hand, the violet hair color would not be obvious unless you dye your hair with a lighter shade first.
Check the product ingredients
Hair dyes are made of chemicals. If you have sensitive skin, these chemicals may cause skin allergies. Some harmful chemicals you’ll see in hair dyes are Ammonia and Para-phenylenediamine (PPD).
Both ingredients can penetrate the surfaces in your hair follicles and irritate your skin. Hence, you should avoid these chemicals when buying hair dyes.
Buy a semi-permanent hair color
If you are not used to dyeing your hair, it is recommended that you buy semi-permanent hair color. The semi-permanent label is visible on the packaging. Make sure that you check the label before you purchase.
Permanent colors contain the strongest chemicals. These chemicals can be damaging to your Brazilian weave. It may cause hair loss, irritation, and skin allergies.
Moreover, one thing about semi-permanent hair color, you can try them to see if the shade suits you well.
Make sure that the product has written instructions in it
Most hair dyes have safety precautions written in the box. Make sure to read them, especially if it’s your first time putting hair dye on your Brazilian weave.
Do you see the patch test in the box? Well, it is essential if it’s your first time using the brand.
The box also includes hand gloves that you have to wear when putting hair color in your hair. This is to protect your skin, nails, and manicure.
The box usually comes with one glove. As such, you may want to consider having another glove to be used for washing out the color of your hair.
When it comes to hair dye, you should buy high-quality brands. Why? Because these brands are tested and proven to be safe.
High-quality brands are usually not cheap, but you can surely save more than going to a salon.
Buy the ones sold in the drug store to make sure that the product is FDA Certified.
If you are buying online, say in Amazon, check the customer reviews and the FDA certification. Take note that it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Top 15 Best Hair Dyes for Brazilian Weave
1. Paul Mitchell Color XG
This iconic formula is the best choice for those who dream of having salon-like results. It has been in the industry since the 1980s, and many pros still love and continue to use them.
It has 78 shades to choose from. Its best ingredients are rice milk and cottonseed oil which can also be seen in some skincare products.
- Protects against excessive heat
- Quinoa color repair complex
- Has 78 shades to choose from
- Rice milk and cottonseed oil
The product doesn’t have harmful chemicals such as paraben and ammonia. It is also odorless, which is great for those who have a sensitive smell.
It has a special “dyesmart” formula for effective staying power and better color penetration.
- Doesn’t use harmful chemicals
- Has a special formula for better coloring
- Best for those who dream of a salon-like result
- Can get your scalp itchy
2. Clairol Nice ‘n Easy
The usual hair dye sometimes doesn’t work on very dark hair, especially covering the gray ones. Fortunately, this product will work to such a task. It will cover your 100% gray hair yet maintain a natural look on your hair.
- Works great with greys
- Maintains a natural look
- Nice scented formula
Although the formula is permanent and heavy-duty, it smells fresh and has a floral fragrance. It will leave your Brazilian weaves silkier, shinier, and softer.
- Leaves your hair shiny and soft
- Evenly colors all the follicles
- Has a nice, floral scent
- Has some chemicals
3. Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kit
This product is great for DIYers. This is a great go if you want to color your Brazilian weave safely. It is certified cruelty-free and doesn’t contain controversial chemical formulas.
It will make your hair follicles healthier and, at the same time, makes your weave glowy and radiant.
- Great for at-home dyeing
- Doesn’t have chemical ingredients
- Gorgeous results always
The formula may not stay permanently in your hair, but the result is always gorgeous. This is recommended if you are new to the DIY route.
It would allow you to see if the color is suitable for your weave and if not, you can always choose another shade from the same brand.
- Softens and conditions your hair
- Has a lot of different shades
- Makes your weave glowy and vibrant
- Can make your hair hard
4. Goldwell Nectaya Hair Color
This formula may be expensive, but you’ll be surprised to know that most top-rated salons love this product. This permanent hair color brand took 6 years to produce before it was released in the market.
- Ammonia and peroxide free
- Contains argan oil
- Perfect for creating a natural look
It is ammonia-free, allowing you to have a gentle and light feeling on strands. The best thing is that it contains argan oil ingredients for extra conditioning.
- Coats all greys without problems
- Doesn’t wash out easily
- Makes your hair shiny and soft
- You might get not wat you wanted
5. Lumishine DD Dimensional Deposit
Whether you want hair color for Brazilian weave, revive faded hair color, or achieve an ombre look, this product gets the job perfectly.
They have 20 colors to choose from. Each shade contains amino-acid technology to prevent hair damage.
- Delicious smell
- Contains amino-acids to prevent hair damage
- Lasts up to 30 washes
The formula is not permanent and can last up to 30 washes. It has a fragrant smell thanks to a mix of floral Jasmin, citrusy mandarin, and woody sandalwood formula.
- Has a nice, florar scent
- Rejuvenates faded hair
- Covers the greys easily
- Doesn’t smell so good
6. Matrix Biolage Plant-Based Hair Color
Are you looking for vegan hair color? Well, this formula is one of the most favorite among drugstore and online shoppers. It is chemical-free and uses a 100% plant-based formula.
- Completely plant-based formula
- It’s a perfect multi-use deep treatment
- Less hair breakage and nice color
- Donec iaculis lorem eleifend sapien ornare, sit amet dictum.
- Aenean suscipit ex ut sapien consequat cursus.
To use this on your Brazilian weave, you will need hot water and a conditioner after wash. It will stay up to 20 washes and will strengthen your hair strands.
- Doesn’t let your hair break so easily
- Prevents split ends
- Rejuvenates dull, faded colors
- You’ll need a conditioner and warm water
7. Garnier Nutrisse
Garnier Nutrisse has the healthiest ingredients. If you hate having frizzy and dry hair, but this hair color. It is free from chemicals, and it has an Avocado ingredient to achieve silky and soft hair.
It is filled with fruit ampoule ingredients that will make your hair more nourished.
- Avocado oils
- Filled with fruit ampoule ingredients
- Vibrant and vivid colors
Garnier Nutrisse offers 45 color shades, and all of them won’t make your hair dry. While getting dry hair is normal after dyeing, this product will keep your hair strands and hair follicles healthy.
Whether you will put them on your Brazilian weave, or natural hair, this product is ultimate perfection. It will give your hair a vibrant and radiant look.
- Nourishes and mosturizes your hair
- Doesn’t dry out your hair
- Keeps haie follicles healthy and good-looking
- Stains the bathroom
8. Vidal Sasson Salonist
If you are looking for the best hair dye for your silver hair, you can never go wrong with Vidal Sasson Salonist. It is easy to apply and works perfectly on Brazilian weaves.
It comes with a variety of shades, which are all free from chemicals.
- Easy to apply
- Works great with greys
- All natural ingredients
The product has a reputation for being convenient to use. You can put the hair dye on your own at home. It has user-friendly step-by-step instructions that you can follow.
As the brand name suggests, this hair dye will let you have a fresh from the salon vibe.
- Provides a step-by-step instruction
- You’ll get a fresh, salon vibe
- Comes in a wide variety of shades
- Doesn’t work with oily hair
9. L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference
L’Oreal Paris offers 50 shades to choose from, and rest assured that each one of them is good for your weave. The brand has been in the business for quite some time.
Hence, if you are skeptical about trying different hair dye brands, this product is suitable for you.
- Care supreme conditioner
- Shine serum for vibrancy and smoothness
- Over 50 shades to choose from
L’Oreal Paris is the perfect choice for those who are fond of changing their hair colors. You can also try them on wigs and Brazilian weaves.
This product will make your hair shiny every day. Moreover, it is even better if you will consistently put conditioner to achieve the perfect depth in your weave.
- Makes your hair silky smooth
- Works perfect with brazilian weaves
- Will makes your hair shiny and nice
- Stains the bathroom
10. Schwarzkopf Color Ultime
If your scalp is sensitive, Schwarzkopf Color Ultime is ideal for you. This is also the perfect option for a damaged hair due to frequent changes in hair color.
It may only offer 5 various hair colors, but each shade will give you hair color with the most glow.
- Easy to use dye
- Perfect option for damaged hair
- Comes with a free conditioner
The best part of this product is that it comes with a free conditioner. As such, the result is always soft, brilliant, and luxurious hair.
If you want to have a shiny Brazilian weave, this product is quite useful. Moreover, if you have a long weave, 2 boxes would be enough.
- Makes your hair soft and smooth
- Provides a luxurious color
- Doesn’t fade easily
- You’ll need 2 boxes for longer hair
11. Clairol Natural Instincts
Clairol Natural Instincts is your best option if you want a semi-permanent hair color for your Brazilian weave. The product is easy to apply and will only take you 20 minutes.
It has a Keratin formula which is good for your Brazilian hair because it prevents your natural hair from getting damaged.
- Very easy to apply
- Has a keratin formula
- Doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals
The product doesn’t contain any toxins. It has no sulfates, paraben, and ammonia. The best ingredient it has is coconut oil which is meant to nourish your hair strands. The hair dye can last up to 30 washes.
- Nourishing effect from coconut oil
- Lasts up to 30 washes without fading
- Keeps your hair away from damage
- Can get spilled during shipping
12. Garnier Olia Bold
Another great product from Garnier is this ammonia-free hair dye, the Olia Formula. This is a permanent hair color; hence, it won’t go away after several washes.
This is good for your Brazilian waive as it makes your hair hydrated and well-nourished. It makes the hair radiant, silky, and shiny.
- Hydrating and nourishing ingredients
- Flower oil for nice scent and moisture
- Offers a variety of colors and shades
The product uses a flower oil ingredient and is ammonia-free. It won’t irritate your hair follicle once you use it. The result is always brilliant, making this product the most attractive weave choice.
It offers a variety of colors, and each one of them smells so good.
- Gives your hair a nice, floral scent
- Makes your hair silky and shiny
- Doesn’t irritate your skin and hair follicle
- No perfume
13. Pravana ChromaSilk VIVIDS
For fashionable individuals, your Brazilian weave will surely stand out with this formula. It is a permanent hair dye with colors scarlet red and deep violet as the best sellers.
They offer 7 various shades, but unfortunately, brunette and blonde aren’t available.
- Keratin amin acids
- Pure silk
- No parabens or ammonia
The product is enriched with Keratin Amino Acids and pure silk. It provides incomparable long-lasting color, shine, and silkiness.
- Provides a long-lasting color
- Get’s your hair to be silky and shiny
- Doesn’t damage hair follicles
- Not the greatest product for grey hair
14. Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color
If you are looking for an affordable yet top-rated hair dye, Revlon maybe your best option. The product contains 3D color technology; hence it does the long staying power in your hair.
It also has a UV defense, a great formula to protect your weave hair from the sun.
- Has a UV defence
- Perfect for covering grey hairs
- Has a long-lasting effect
The product is also perfect for covering gray hair. It is a permanent hair color and delivers a multi-tonal and natural look.
- Doesn’t dry out your hair
- Has no allergens
- Keeps your skin moisturized and nourished
- It doesn’t work with oily hair
15. Wella Professionals Koleston
Wella Professionals Koleston is ideal for those who love to change hair color often. This formula comes from a top-rated brand offering 60 various shades. It is dermatologist-tested and chemical-free.
- 60 various shades
- Avocado oil
- Dermatologist-tested and chemical free
It has a built-in avocado-flavored conditioner to make sure that your hair strands are nourished and healthy. It is best for weave hair as it doesn’t penetrate the hair follicles.
- Doesn’t penetrate the hair follicles
- Will keep your hair nourished and healthy
- Easy to apply
- Bottle to hard to squeeze
The Bottom Line
Hair coloring at home and on your own is safe nowadays because of the best hair dye available on the market. However, while everyone can color their own, not everyone will like its results.
As such, buy the best hair dye formula for your Brazilian weave based on your hair type. The products mentioned above are carefully chosen.
You can rest easy knowing these products will provide high-quality results.
Paul Mitchell Color XG
Rice milk and cottonseed oil
Doesn’t have harmful chemicals
Perfect for sensitive skin and smell
Founder & Hair Beauty Specialist
I’m Aida and this is my blog where I write mostly about beauty and make up related stuff, but I like to spice it up a bit with lifestyle and photography posts. Or with whatever that comes to my mind. Hope you will enjoy the reading enough that we will ‘see’ each other more often!