It goes without saying that most women are after voluminous hair.
However, this is not always the case, and some end up with fine, delicate hair.
It gets worse when one uses the wrong type of shampoos and conditioners as these can weigh down the roots and make the hair flatter.
Luckily, numerous drugstore volumizing shampoos and conditioners can help boost volume and give your hair a fuller and bouncier look.
Other than cleansing your hair and scalp, these products contain lightweight and volumizing ingredients like siloxane and panthenol.
This article will look at some of the best drugstore shampoos and conditioners for fine hair that you may want to consider.
There is also a buying guide with useful tips to help with your selection process.
- The 21 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Tangled hair
- The 20 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Hair Growth
- What to Look For When Choosing the Best Drugstore Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair?
- TOP Drugstore Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair
- 1. TREsemme Thickening Shampoo for Fine Hair
- 2. OGX Thick & Full Shampoo and Conditioner
- 3. GIOVANNI Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo
- 4. Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo
- 5. L’Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate Free Volume Shampoo
- 6. ACURE Vivacious Volume Shampoo
- 7. Jason Thin-to-Thick Extra Volume Shampoo
- 8. HASK BIOTIN BOOST Shampoo and Conditioner
- 9. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo
- 10. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Volumizing Shampoo
- 11. Garnier Fructis Grow Strong Cooling 2-in-1 Shampoo Conditioner for Men
- 12. TREsemme 24-Hour Volume Conditioner
- 13. Carol’s Daughter Cactus Rose Water Shampoo and Conditioner
- 14. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Volume Shampoo
- 15. NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Volume Conditioner
What to Look For When Choosing the Best Drugstore Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair?
Looking to buy the right shampoos or conditioners for your fine hair but don’t know where to begin?
If so, worry not! Below is a comprehensive guide to help you.
Evaluate Your Hair Needs
Before you go out shopping for drugstore shampoos and conditioners, it is best first to determine your hair needs.
If you have fine hair, look for products that add body to your hair without weighing it down.
Volumizing shampoo will help you attain more voluminous, more potent, and thicker hair.
Read Product Label
Always read the label to see the ingredients for the shampoo or conditioner you are considering.
This is especially true if you have allergies or super sensitive skin. The wrong ingredients will not only irritate you but also cause more hair thinning.
- Ingredients that can encourage hair growth and health include egg proteins, glycerin, biotin, amino acids, antioxidants like Vitamin E, and oils like peppermint.
- Also, volumizing ingredients like arginine-K complex, panthenol, and siloxane boost the roots’ hair and give it more body.
You should also opt for protein-rich products with volumizing formula as the protein helps strengthen and make the hair strands thicker.
However, you should watch out for ingredients like sulfates, parabens, alcohol, and propylene glycol. Avoid hair products that have these ingredients.
Additionally, avoid creamy and moisturizing shampoos as they are on the heavier side and will weigh down your hair.
Determine Your Scalp Type
Other than knowing your hair needs, it is also vital to determine your scalp type before choosing the best products for your fine hair.
Depending on your kind of scalp, you need to find the best shampoo and conditioner best suited for you.
If your scalp is dehydrated, it is recommended to find products that contain ingredients like tea tree and menthol to promote moisture and hydration.
It pays to do extensive research so you can find products that work well for your hair type as well as your scalp.
Below is a review of the best 15 fine hair shampoos and conditioners from drugstore brands.
TOP Drugstore Shampoo and Conditioner for Fine Hair
1. TREsemme Thickening Shampoo for Fine Hair
Starting off our list is this volumizing shampoo from TREsemme. What makes this product a favorite to many is that it supports to add volume and fullness to fine hair all day.
A combination of silk proteins and the Volume Control Complex gives your hair a fuller and thicker appearance.
It does this while conditioning and hydrating your hair and keeps it from falling flat, as is the case with some shampoos.
This is undoubtedly the best product if you want to achieve volume, shine, bounce, and softness throughout the day.
2. OGX Thick & Full Shampoo and Conditioner
The other best drugstore product for fine hair on our list is this nutrient-rich shampoo and combo.
This combo is instilled with three types of proteins, namely, collagen, biotin, and hydrolyzed wheat protein. These ingredients help to reverse weakened hair and restore moisture.
Whatever your hair damage it can exacerbate damage and weakness to make your hair thick, shiny, smoother, and more voluminous.
Plus, it will leave your hair with an irresistible smell.
3. GIOVANNI Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo
Designed for life lifeless hair, this shampoo offers a gentle cleanse and adds volume and body to hair without drying it. The shampoo strengthens lifeless and fragile hair thanks to its nutrient-rich formula.
It is rich in nutrients, horsetail extracts, and real fruit extracts like aloe vera, panthenol, tocopherol (Vitamin E), and protein (Glycine Soja).
Unlike regular hair products, it doesn’t contain sulfate or paraben and is vegan & cruelty-free. The product is also 100% color safe and doesn’t strip off hair color.
4. Aveeno Scalp Soothing Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Shampoo
If you are looking to restore shine and volume to your dull, oily hair, this product may be the right choice.
This farm-fresh inspired shampoo helps to nourish your strands and soothe the scalp thanks to its oat’s soothing properties.
It also contains apple cider vinegar, which clarifies powers to deal with oil build-up and other ingredients, boosting your volume in the long run.
ACV is also known for its anti-inflammatory, balancing, and shine-enhancing benefits.
5. L’Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate Free Volume Shampoo
Not only does it cleanse but also revives and restore shine and lasting volume to fine hair.
The best thing about this shampoo is that its formula is sulfate-free, surfactant-free, and salt-free, all of which are harsh and damaging to your hair.
Hence, this shampoo won’t strip your hair and helps to maintain color for up to 4 weeks.
6. ACURE Vivacious Volume Shampoo
This is undoubtedly the best natural shampoo for fine hair.
Despite coming from a drugstore brand, this shampoo contains certified organic, cruelty-free, and 100% vegan ingredients which cleanse and hydrate the hair.
The ingredients are such as rosehip, chamomile, aloe leaf juice, and calendula.
Also, your hair will achieve large volumes and unmatched afterglow thanks to the mint and echinacea ingredients. It does this while ensuring lightweight hydrating for thirsty hair.
7. Jason Thin-to-Thick Extra Volume Shampoo
Jason volume shampoo is a body-building shampoo that is highly affordable and specially designed for fine, thin hair.
It also works best for weak hair since it contains Biotin and Panthenol, which are hair-strengthening ingredients that increase individual strands’ volume and elasticity.
Plus, the plant proteins add shine and luster to your hair while leaving a peppermint and citrus scent.
This should be a great choice if you are after a formula that makes your hair healthy, voluminous, more elastic, and less prone to breakage.
Besides adding volume to thin hair, this shampoo also cleanses the scalp thoroughly while promoting its health.
Consequently, this helps with hair loss. However, it should be noted that the deep cleanse can leave your hair dry, and it’s advisable to follow with a shampoo.
8. HASK BIOTIN BOOST Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a 2-in-1 set that lives up to its name and delivers the perfect boost for fine hair.
It features a tri-level thickening complex that operates on three levels.
- The thickening and volumizing formula contain plant protein to thicken the hair strand and biotin to strengthen it.
- The coffee helps to boost the strands, restoring life to your lifeless hair.
- It is also infused with a blend of macadamia oil and essential fatty acids to ensure the hair’s vitality and strength.
- The formula is better yet designed to offer protection to the outer cuticle layer against damage while styling. After washing with this set, your hair will be left with a nice herbaceous botanical scent.
9. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo
The Ph.D. shampoo by Living proof delivers a cleaner, healthy-looking hair for longer. However, it is not recommended to cleanse hair daily.
This dry powder is used at the hair roots and will help you wash your hair less often. The patented Healthy Hair Molecule formula smoothes, polishes, and protects strands to give you beautiful and healthy-looking hair.
Additionally, the shampoo is cruelty-free and doesn’t contain sulfates, silicone, phthalates, or parabens which makes it safe for colored and chemically treated hair.
10. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Volumizing Shampoo
Add volume and shine to your otherwise dull and thin hair with this nourishing volumizing shampoo.
It is sulfate-free and adds fullness without weighing down the hair. Better yet, the formula is designed to preserve and seal hair color while guarding it against sun damage.
The non-drying formula also improves elasticity, shine, texture, and bounce to fine hair.
Besides adding fullness, it also removes buildup and residue from other products, restoring your hair to its natural state.
11. Garnier Fructis Grow Strong Cooling 2-in-1 Shampoo Conditioner for Men
This drugstore 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner works best for men who want energized hair because it:
- Be fortified with menthol and citrus extract for a cooling sensation for your hair.
- Be formulated with active fruit protein that combines citrus protein as well as Vitamins B3 and B6.
- Paraben, vegan, and animal cruelty-free, making it ideal for everyday use.
The conditioner ensures healthier and stronger hair after every wash.
12. TREsemme 24-Hour Volume Conditioner
This conditioner is formulated to add and maintain the full body to fine, dry hair throughout the day. It offers deep conditioning for damaged hair and prevents strand breakage.
Just like the TREsemme shampoo, this conditioner is made with Volume Control Complex and silk proteins which moisturize dehydrated hair and keeps it from falling flat.
The volumizing conditioner makes your hair easy to manage without weighing it down. Plus, it adds a nice juicy peach, crisp apple, and melon fragrance.
13. Carol’s Daughter Cactus Rose Water Shampoo and Conditioner
If your hair is curly, look no further than this Rose water shampoo and conditioner from Carol’s Daughter – one of the best Shampoos and conditioners for curly hair.
This drugstore product is specifically designed for curly and wavy hair types that are either fine, flat, or dry.
It works wonders whether your curls are loose, coiled, or kinky.
- The rose water has to clarify properties and support to remove oil and other residues from the scalp.
- The cactus water is hydrating and helps to add moisture to your hair.
- The formula features biotin that gives strength and body.
This shampoo and conditioner combo is lightweight and does not weigh the hair down. We recommend this product if you need to quench the thirst of your dry curly hair.
14. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Volume Shampoo
This thickening shampoo is best suited for giving life to fine hair while sealing split ends. It is suitable for those who are looking for voluminous and heavy hair.
The shampoo does an excellent job of building the body and making the hair look fuller and thicker.
- The cleanser is infused with ingredients like aloe vera gel, panthenol, and wheat protein, giving moisture and enhancing shine. Your hair will become silky and easy to manage.
- The shampoo is also effective against static electricity. Fine hair with slit end instantly looks more beautiful, healthy, and voluminous.
15. NatureLab Tokyo Perfect Volume Conditioner
This volume shampoo by NatureLab is rich in proteins and other volumizing ingredients perfect for lifeless, fine hair.
It cleans, hydrates, and strengthens fine hair without stripping natural oils. It offers an ideal combination of moisturized and weightless volume.
It is infused with rice and soy protein, sakura extract, several nourishing oils, and apple stem cells to boost your hair’s volume and thickness.
After using this product, your hair will be fuller, thicker, and have more body than it usually has.
There are a plethora of hair products in the market that will transform your hair.
You just need to know what you are looking for and ensure that the ingredients included will not weigh your hair down.
Most importantly, look for products that promise to boost, thicken, and add volume to your fine hair.