Why My Hair Keeps Sticking Straight Up? Steps to Prevent & Stop Right now!
Hair sticking straight up can be very annoying when you’ve put so much work into styling your mane to look smooth and luxurious. They are usually stubborn to lay down, and your effort might result in breakage if you don’t do it properly.
Hence if you’re facing the same problem, you are in the right place.
Why does my hair stick up when cutting short ?
1. They’re often caused by breakage and split ends, but also they’re new hairs growing in.
2. Sometimes it is just because of your bed-head when you get up, the strands are bent unproperly, and then they’re pretty hard to tame.
3. It also could be because of the way you take care of your hair.
- Chemicals (bleaching, dyeing hair, etc.)
- Over-styling (with hot roller, curling iron or hot comb, flat iron, etc.)
- The wrong use of hair care products
All of these will make your hair increasingly frizzy, split ends, hair loss and then appear short hairs that stick up.
Maybe you also like:
- The Ways To Bleach Blonde Hair Without Damage
- The Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Dry Damaged Hair
How do I stop my hair from sticking out?
How to prevent hair sticking up?
To minimize flyaways, you should do the methods as daily habits for the best result. You can choose one for yourself, or try all of them if necessary. Here are some ways to tackle the issue.
- Moisturize your hair daily with a high-quality conditioner to prevent breakage and smooth existing flyaways. Conditioner also makes your hair more resistant to the static electricity that often causes flyaways to stick up.
- Apply a shine serum to areas of your hair that tend to stick up after your hair is dry. These serums are very oily, so most people need only a nickel-sized drop to cover all of their hair. For spot treatment of flyaways, apply a tiny dab to the affected area.
- Neutralize static electricity by spraying a paddle hairbrush with a light hairspray, then brushing through your hair. Avoid excessive brushing, though, especially during the winter months.
How to get rid of hair sticking up right now?
If your hair is sticking up in any direction like a plant reaching for the sun, here is the way to fix your crazy sticking up hair quickly.
Things you’ll need
- Step 1: Wet a comb and drag it through your hair. Make sure to comb from the roots.
- Step 2: Work a small amount of gel or mousse into your hair with your hands. As you do this, try and coax the unruly hairs back into place.
- Step 3: Use heat. Using a comb or small brush, style your hair while drying and setting it with the heat of a hairdryer.
- Step 4: Finish your hair with hairspray. Use it sparingly to hold your hair strands in the right place.
See also: Why Does Hair Dryer Smell Like Burning?
We hope that with the method above, you can get rid of your stubborn bed-head style, give you the confidence to walk outside the house as well as keep your hair moisturized. Even though that method seems quite simple, yet the result will amaze you.
Founder & Hair Beauty Specialist
I’m Aida and this is my blog where I write mostly about beauty and make up related stuff, but I like to spice it up a bit with lifestyle and photography posts. Or with whatever that comes to my mind. Hope you will enjoy the reading enough that we will ‘see’ each other more often!