What Is Peekaboo Hair? How Do You Do Peekaboo Hair At Home?
Millions of hairstyles have been around for decades, but the easiest way to look different without cutting or styling your hair is dyeing it.
Peekaboo is a modern trend to color your hair in a particular way.
While it just recently appears in the hair world, peekaboo is enjoyed by many beauty enthusiasts, who want to spice up their hair with something interesting.
Let’s accompany us and figure out what kind of hair it is and how to achieve it.
What is peekaboo hair?
Peekaboo is a kind of hairstyle, in which your underneath hair layer is dyed with a different color from the top layer.
You cannot see it when falling your hair naturally. It will only be revealed once you tie your hair, or roll the top layer up, hence the name.
It can also be hair with highlights (one or more colors like a rainbow) throughout the hair.
How much does peekaboo hair cost?
The price to highlight your hair can vary from salon to salon, and also depends on the hairstyle and your hair’s length.
$75 will be an average price for partial highlights. However, as already mentioned, it can be more than that if you visit a high-end salon with a qualified and reputed hair stylist.
Moreover, the longer your hair is, the more expensive the dye will be.
How do you do peekaboo hair at home?
Peekaboo hair will be ideal for those who want to rock their hair, but are still afraid that it doesn’t match the workplace, because you can hide it. Isn’t it interesting?
If you can turn it into a DIY peekaboo hair at home, it will be much greater as you are saving a lot of money.
Follow our instruction below and you can “peekaboo” your hair effortlessly.
Things you’ll need:
- Bleaching agent (if needed)
- One or more your favorite hair dyes
- Plastic gloves
- An applicator brush
- Hair clips
- A bowl
- A towel
- A hair dryer
- Use a hair clip to keep the top layer of your hair separated from the bottom layer (or you can divide your hair into different sections to easier highlight the parts you want)
- Mix bleach or hair dye in a bowl (if you have dark hair and want to go blonde or pink for example, you will need to bleach your hair first, and stick with the hair dye directly if you have a recent light hair color)
- Wear plastic gloves and use a brush to apply the prepared bleach/ hair dye on the bottom layer or the parts of hair that you want to highlight from root down to the end
- Wait for the recommended time in the products’ labels
- Repeat step 3 if your hair has been lightened and now you start to dye it
- Rinse your hair with cool water
- Use a towel and hair dryer to dry your hair
- Unclip the top layer and style your hair as desired.
Peekaboo the highlights will require a little more delicacy. So you better ask for help from a friend. Anway, you can drop into a salon if you can afford it.
We hope you find this article useful. Now, why not putting some vibrant hues on your hair?