Here’s The Best Method To Get Rid Of Fleas In Human Hair
Pet farming is the hobby of many people; pets will undoubtedly enrich our lives in innumerable ways.
However, in some cases, when we get too close to pets that have fleas, it can unintentionally put us at a higher risk of sharing fleas.
In this article, you can delve deeper into whether fleas can survive and lay eggs in human hair and way to get rid of annoying fleas out of your hair.
Can fleas live in people’s hair?
It is highly unlikely that fleas will choose to reside in our hair even if we can reach them. Fleas can only live and breed on animals with densely packed, not humans.
In the world, there are only one species of extremely rare flea in the US known as the “human flea” or “chigoe flea“. This flea can be very well adapted to live at living upon humans.
See also: 3 Kinds Of Bugs Can Live In Your Hair
If you have a full, matted beard or dense frizzy hair, fleas can likely get inside and not immediately because they cannot find the way out.
However, they certainly don’t actively try to stay there for long.
Can fleas lay eggs in human hair?
Humans are known to be poor hosts for fleas. If a female flea has access to human blood, its fertility will also be almost entirely stunted despite a stable human diet.
So when there is no preferred host around, they won’t be well-nourished enough to lay eggs. So you don’t need to concern about fleas will breed in your hair.
How to get rid of fleas in human hair?
Things you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Lemon-scented dish soap
- Apple cider vinegar
- A spray bottle
- Shower cap
- A fine-toothed comb
- Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 cups clean, warm water in a spray bottle, and thoroughly spray your hair with the baking soda-water mixture (avoid your eyes).
- Step 2: Rub the baking soda into your hair and apply the shower cap (wait 15 minutes). After that, you rinse the baking soda out of your hair with plenty of warm, running water.
- Step 3: Use the fine-toothed comb to comb your hair from roots to ends and rinse again.
- Step 4: Wash your hair with lemon-scented dish soap.
- Step 5: Apply apple cider vinegar to your hair to soak after complete rinse with clear, warm water, comb again. Put on the shower cap (again, wait 15 minutes).
- Step 6: Do a final rinse and dry your hair with a clean towel.
See also: 4 steps to get rid of black bugs in hair
Will Dawn dish soap kill fleas in human hair?
It is possible to use Dawn dish soap to remove fleas. You need to prepare:
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Dawn dish soap
- 1/2 cup of water
Mix and wash your hair with this mixture. After that, let wait for 2-3 minutes and rinse well with warm water. This recipe can be safely applied to humans and pets alike.
Can humans be infested with fleas?
People who live with pets are most likely to get fleas from them.
However, because humans are not hairy enough to provide ample hiding coverage or a warm environment, they cannot survive for too long on humans.
And mostly after fleas discover quickly and return to your pets or seek a safer spot in your home.
Hopefully, this article can help you solve your concerns about the potential for flea live and breed in human hair.
They may feed temporarily but cannot live long on us. Fleas also do not lay eggs in human hair because our blood is not nutritious enough to support their fertility.
At the same time, the article also showed you a simple and effective way to deal with fleas on hair. Therefore, as long as you treat, care, and regularly clean for your pets, you will not have to worry about these fleas anymore.