6 Steps To Get Food Coloring Out Of Hair
Food coloring is a staple in every kitchen due to the versatile use. It is edible and brings vivid colors to your dishes, making them more attractive and irresistible.
Due to the ability to create colors, food coloring is also considered a safe dying method to applying tints to fabric and hair.
In this article, you’ll know if food coloring really works on hair, and how to properly remove this edible hair dye from your hair if the result turns out not as expected.
Can you dye your hair with food coloring?
Yes, you can. Using food coloring is a fun way to have your hair dyed without leaving any chemicals or damage to your hair.
Food coloring is safe to put in your hair, and it can combine with a developer or conditioner to result in different life spans of the color.
How long does food coloring last on your hair?
Although dying hair this way is economical and safe, food coloring will fade away much sooner than store-bought colors.
Most natural food coloring can last about two weeks on your hair, and the synthetic counterpart can stay a bit longer, around three weeks.
However, time can vary depending on your hair type and hair care routine.
Typically, the color on your hair will fade away a little by little after each wash, and it will thoroughly go away after at least two to three washes.
How to get food coloring out of hair?
When it comes to food coloring which is stuck in your hair by accident, or the color turned out to be not as expected, you might need to take the color out of those strands.
Now we will show you how to get food coloring out of your hair with some simple steps.
Things you’ll need:
- Clarifying shampoo (you can pick a clarifying shampoo for black hair)
- Hair developer
- A towel and hair dryer
- A bowl and spoon
- Wash your hair with clarifying shampoo
- In a bowl, mix equal parts of clarifying shampoo with hair developer
- Wash your hair again with the mixture of clarifying shampoo and developer, then rinse well with warm water
- Repeat step 3 until the color is completely gone
- Add conditioner to your damp hair and wait for about five minutes before rinsing
- Dry your hair with a towel, then blow dry with a hair dryer
It will be awesome to have some vivid strands on your head sometimes, on special occasions. And using food coloring is a wise choice to not put your hair in danger but still give you an outstanding look.
Don’t worry if the result is not as good as you expect, because you can easily remove food coloring from your hair with a clarifying shampoo, developer, and hair conditioner.
You May Also Like:
- How to get baby oil out of hair?
- How to get coconut oil out of hair?
- How to get marshmallow out of hair?