6 Steps To Fix Edges With Box Braids
Braided hairstyle is known as a lifesaver. These hairstyles can last for weeks, require little maintenance, and keep the hair natural from being affected by hands, sun, air, etc.
Besides so many great options, one can include the braids. In particular, when it comes to this hairstyle, it is impossible to remove an important highlight – the edges.
Surely we will have a lot of questions about whether braids adversely affect the edges or not?
What is the way to make the edges as well as how to maintain them for a long time? Explore this article to find the answer.
How do I stop my box braids from pulling the edges?
To be able to maintain a hairstyle as beautiful as box braids is not easy.
In many cases, you can improve the braid box pull the edges, you can put it down with edge control.
This helps your hair not only look better but also protects it from the weight of the hair extensions. Besides, it is essential to take care of nutritional oils and moisturizers.
In other cases with naturally coarse hair with thick edges, it is better to braid it.
Depending on the rate of hair growth, moisture retention and retouch of the edges (takedown and re-braid) should be done within 3-4 weeks.
Besides, you should alternate between braids and weaves. In this way, the hair can be protected from unnecessary damage and the edges can be rested.
Check out: 4 Steps To Take Braids Out Of Your Hair
How do you do edges with box braids?
Laying your edges is considered a beauty trend that won’t die! It’s easy to understand because it gives a super sleek look and completes almost any style.
But most people have the same question as “How to do it”? Well, let’s find out right now.
Things you’ll need:
- Step 1: Use a wet paper towel to wipe around the edge
- Step 2: Use a toothbrush to brush the outward edges on your forehead.
- Step 3: Determine the shape you want to create and the starting point to make. Dab some of the gel into your toothbrush and apply it to the edges.
- Step 4: Press your finger down and follow as you swipe it with the brush. After swooping all with gel, you can control the edges again and keep pressing your finger down as you swoop the edges again until it’s like what you expected.
- Step 5: Use a satin towel to wrap around the edges and hold for 5 -10 minutes so they can stay in shape all day.
- Step 6: Finally, take out the satin towel and finish.
Do box braids take your edges out?
While the braids may help protect your hair from damaging agents, they also put extra stress on the edges of your hair.
If you maintain the braid for too long, that stress can damage the edges. No one wants to wake up every morning to see a hairline indented.
However, with box braids, thin and short bezels will not be affected much.
Read more: Do Box Braids Damage Your Hair?
Can you box braid without extensions?
The box braid is a hairstyle that makes the scalp accessible, easy to keep clean, and requires little maintenance. They have a variety of styling options to give you a great look.
For girls with long hair, creating a boxed braid is easy. However, if you have split hair, can you do a boxed braid without extra extensions?
The answer is absolutely world. Because pigtails come in a variety of styles, you get natural box braids without having to purchase additional extensions.
See also: 5 steps to do box braids with short hair
What edge control is best for box braids?
As with sleek ponytails, beautiful braided hairstyles wouldn’t be complete without laid edges.
As you know, we can only achieve with the help of edge control products (and bristles brush and satin towels). However, being able to find a product that leaves you edges longer than five minutes is not well known.
Here are 11 types of hairline control recommended by experts that you should try.
- Ampro Shine ‘N Jam Silk Edges
- Hicks Edges
- Tancho Tique Stick
- Gorilla Snot Gel
- Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste
- Eden Coconut Shea Control Edge Glaze
- Avlon KeraCare Edge Tamer
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Edge Control Smoother
- Eco Styler
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges
- Design Essentials Natural Honey & Shea Edge Tamer
With so much information that we’ve provided, you can happily start styling your edges. With only easy-to-find items, gorgeous edge styles can be completed within your reach.
Plus, equip yourself with at least 1 of the 11 types of hairline controls above for the full experience with these unique braids.