7 Steps To Reuse Your Synthetic Braiding Hair
Braiding hair extensions are very common among African and African American cultures.
These synthetic hair strands can help you achieve the beautiful plaits with different shades without waiting for months and years possessing long hair.
However, if you are on a low budget, it would be a waste to throw these bundles of hair away after a single use. (Read more about the braiding hair cost here)
Don’t worry because we’ll provide you an economical solution right now.
In this article, you’ll know how to properly take care of braided hair to reuse it for multiple times. Let’s check it out!
Washing your braided hair
Washing braided hair doesn’t make sense to some people. However, you can actually clean it to remove any dirt and oil for the next uses.
You should unbend the hair before giving it a wash. A diluted mixture from warm water and another hair product like shampoo or conditioner will be ideal to rinse out the dirt.
Things you’ll need
- Warm water
- A large bowl or sink
- Tie off the braided hair into each bundle (like how they first came to you)
- Fill the bowl with warm water and add shampoo
- Add hair bundles to the bowl and soak it for 10 to 15 minutes
- Lightly wash the bundles by massaging and rubbing each other to remove any oil and dirt from the hair
- Take them out and rinse with cool water
- Lay flat and condition your hair bundles with a regular conditioner
- Rinse again with cold water and let the hair naturally dry (don’t use a towel or hair dryer to dry the synthetic hair to avoid frizzing and damaging it)
How do you untangle braided hair?
Since it’s made of synthetic fiber, the hair won’t be seriously matted or knotty like natural hair.
Anyway, in case you have encountered this situation with braided hair extensions, we’ll show you some tips to detangle them with ease.
Things you’ll need
- A wide-tooth comb
- Detangling Conditioner/Detangling Spray
- Tie off the braided hair into bundles as initial to save time detangling them
- Work your fingers through the hair from top to bottom
- Damp your hair with detangling spray or conditioner
- Use a wide-tooth comb to gently comb from the bottom way up to the top
- Repeat step 4 until the hair is completely detangled)
- 3 Steps to Unbraid Hair
- 8 steps to keep synthetic hair from frizzing?
- 3 Methods to Straighten Synthetic Hair
How do you make old braids look new and reuse it?
Washing and untangling your braided hair extensions are literally two ways to make them look new for the next uses. You can also refer to the following ways to renew the old braids.
Trim the hair
You can trim the hair while wearing braided to have a more perfect and neat form.
Use hair styling gel
A styling hair gel will be perfect to make your braided hair look shiny and new as initial.
Applying it when the synthetic hair is clean and dry will result in the best effect.
See also: Top 17 hair gels for wavy hair
Good sleeping habit
If you haven’t had a nighttime protective habit before, just apply this method from the upcoming use of these strands.
While wearing braided hair, you better use a satin pillowcase, so that your plaits can be kept away from being messy and knotted.
You can also wear a satin hair cap for sleeping to prevent the similar issues.
- Can you dye synthetic braiding hair?
- How to bleach synthetic hair?
- 5 easy steps to darken synthetic hair?
Can I wash kanekalon hair?
Yes, you can wash Kanekalon hair to reuse it.
Kanekalon hair extensions are likely to be preferred compared to other kinds of synthetic hair extensions due to its human-like texture.
Therefore, Kanekalon hair is usually higher in price. So washing this kind of hair to restyle for multiple uses will be ideal to save your budget.
Just wash it like other synthetic hair extensions by soaking and rinsing with warm water and shampoo, and you’ll have your Kanekalon hair as new as initial.
How long can you leave kanekalon hair in?
Just like other synthetic or natural hair for braiding, Kanekalon hair should only leave on your head for a maximum of eight weeks.
Your hair needs to be relaxed and you also need to change your hairstyle to look different, right?
In conclusion, if you can afford another bag of braiding hair extensions, just go for it. But in case you are finding a more economical solution, you can reuse it.
Use our aforementioned methods to give your braiding hair a wash and don’t forget to treat it with care to lengthen its longevity.