The 17 Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Menopausal Hair
It’s always a sad thing when you lose your precious hair. However, it is more saddening if it is due to menopause which is caused by an imbalance of hormones.
If this is your problem, you might have tried different methods and products just to improve hair growth.
Finding the best hair product can be a challenge because a lot of these hair products claim to be the best shampoo and conditioner for menopausal hair.
If the options are overwhelming, you can start looking for products that have vitamins, essential oils, and protein.
Biotin Hair Growth and Anti-Dandruff Shampoo by Maple Holistics
- Shampoos and conditions well
- Infused with biotin and other natural ingredients
- Hsa jojoba and coconut oils
Original Gold Label Biotin Anti-Thinning Shampoo by Pura D’OR
- 100% all-natural ingredients used
- Can be used with any type of hair
- Has 15 natural DHT blockers
Densifique Bodifying Shampoo by Kerastase
- Rejuvenates and improves hair quality
- Restores hair health and shiness
- Well-formulated and natural shampoo
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Shampoo and Conditioner for Menopausal Hair?
There are many factors to check when purchasing a shampoo. Here are some of the things to look out for to get the best menopausal hair shampoo shopping experience:
Many wonder what the definition of a quality shampoo is.
Getting shampoo that contains any of these ingredients and other natural components can fix hair loss due to menopause.
There are a lot of good shampoos and conditioners available in the market to address different hair issues.
That is why it can be a challenge to find one.
There are menopausal hair shampoos and conditioners that deal with hair fall problems.
There are also menopausal hair shampoos and conditioners that works for thinning hair problems.
Whatever type you are looking for, it is your call. You just need to identify your hair needs to avoid wasting money.
Biotin and Natural Oils
Biotin is associated with treating menopausal thinning hair. It is known to be the most effective in thinning hair problems.
On the other hand, natural oils are essential for hair breakage and scalp health improvement and hair growth.
Choosing a shampoo and conditioner for menopausal hair that has a combination of biotin and natural oils is good.
When checking the ingredients of a shampoo or conditioner, it is crucial to check for dangerous ingredients.
Some of these include sulfate and parabens.
In many cases, when you use these product during menopause, it could cause hair to become thinner or even fall out, among many other problems.
Sometimes, you need to pay more to get the results you need.
However, price is still a consideration, so it’s best to look for a shampoo and conditioner that meets your needs without breaking the bank.
Top 17 Shampoo and Conditioner for Menopausal Hair
1. Biotin Hair Growth and Anti-Dandruff Shampoo by Maple Holistics
Maple Holistics’ skincare products are considered better compared to other shampoos for menopausal hair.
Their shampoos and conditioners deliver well, so you can expect this shampoo to do the same.
A lot of people agree that the shampoo has superb quality.
- All-natural ingredients
- Infused with coconut and jojoba oils
- Has biotin and other important vitamins
- Increase scalp circulation
Aside from biotin, this shampoo also has natural ingredients such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, and a lot more.
The ingredients help improve the scalp’s circulation and protect it, so your hair becomes strong and thick.
- Removes flakes and other impurities
- Doesn’t dry out your skin
- Prevents hair damage and breakage
- Dries out thin hair
2. Original Gold Label Biotin Anti-Thinning Shampoo by Pura D’OR
PuraD’OR is a quality brand that focuses on creating hair products for different kinds of hair, include Menopausal Hair.
It has amazed a lot of people, and its gold label shampoo is no exception. This shampoo is great for thinning hair since it is made from vital natural ingredients.
- Contains jojoba, coconut and grapeseed oils
- Rich in oils and vitamins
- Perfect for folliculitis
- Kills fungus and removes dandruff
The gold label means that the shampoo is 100% all-natural.
Moreover, it also has 15DHT that makes your scalp healthier and your hair as thick as possible.
It is clinically-tested and can be used by men and women with any hair type.
- Deeply cleanses and removes all the flakes
- Doesn’t dry out your skin
- Moisturizes and nourishes your scalp with beneficial nutrients
- As emu oil
3. Densifique Bodifying Shampoo by Kerastase
Even after menopause, your hair can still grow back. Nevertheless, you need the right treatment for it.
Kerastase’s shampoo is well-formulated and natural, so you can have the thick hair you have always wanted.
- Has over 15 natural DHT blockers
- 100% natural and organic ingredients
- Clinically-tested formula
- Works amazing for all types of hair
Aside from making it thick, this shampoo rejuvenates hair density, strengthens the hair’s fibers, and gives it more texture.
- Leaves your hair smelling fresh and clean
- Helps with itching and flaking scalps
- Moisturizes and fights dried out skin
- Has sulfates
4. re:line Biotin Thickening Shampoo for Hair Growth and Hair Loss by Paisle
This is one of the thickening shampoos you should check out.
It has all-natural ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut, and botanical rosemary. These components contribute to giving weak hair its much-needed strength.
- Enhances natural hair growth
- Well-formulated and natural shampoo
- Gives density and
Moreover, you can make your hair strong and prevent hair loss because the shampoo is fortified with B-Complex.
It blocks DHT, which is the main cause of hair loss. Therefore, hair growth is stimulated.
- Creates rich, luxurious foam
- SCleanses all the impurities and moisturizes
- Leaves a fresh smell of peppermint and citrus
- Can dry out your hair
5. Stem Cell Age-Defying Shampoo by Andalou Naturals
This age-defying shampoo from Andalou Naturals is one of the best because of its excellent natural ingredients. These work very well in preventing hair damage and thinning for good.
The antioxidants protect the cells and organisms from dangerous elements that make the hair break and fall.
- pH balanced formula
- Lots of antioxidants
- Contains coconut oil
- Infused with manuka oil
All its ingredients blend well, so it will not cause your hair to be too silky or dry. You will also like the orange creamsicle and herbal scent.
- Keeps your hair healthy and shiny
- Moisturizes your scalp and leaves no flakes
- Protects your hair against dryness
- Can cause hair falling
6. Eco Chic Technology Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo and Conditioner Set by Giovanni Cosmetics
Having shiny hair is excellent, but giving it tremendous care and using an amazing product is a must to achieve this.
This shampoo and conditioner set for menopausal hair from Giovanni Cosmetics is fantastic because it combines natural components and science.
- Contains 1% coal tar
- Conditions and hydrates your skin
- Eliminates symptoms immediately
- Removes discomfort and itchiness
Also, it is great that you get a set of shampoo and conditioner in one.
Besides the shampoo and conditioner’s many natural components, its special ingredients are botanical blends and tea tree extracts.
Therefore, this set will not cause more hair damage.
- Deeply moisturizes your skin
- Provides all the needed nutrients for healthy skin
- Removes dried out flakes and ensures normal skin pH
- Doesn’t have the best smell
7. Thickening Volume Shampoo by Bumble and Bumble
If you have been suffering from hair thinning after menopause and have yet to find the perfect product, you can check this Bumble and Bumble shampoo.
This shampoo is beneficial because it has pro-vitamin B5. This make it a perfect choice for volumizing lifeless hair.
- Formulated with 2% zinc pyrithione
- Therapeutic shampoo
- Fantastic for scalp dryness
- Lots of vitamins and minerals
There are also no parabens and other harmful ingredients.
Women during menopause will enjoy it because it promotes healthy hair fast.
- Moisturizes and nourishes your hair
- Works best with dried out scalps
- Removes irritation and flakes
- Doesn’t work for oily and normal hair
8. Nioxin System 4 Color-Treated with Progressed Thinning Hair Shampoo by Nioxin
Nioxin has more than 25 years of experience dealing with thinning hair, so you can expect lasting and quality results.
This cleanser shampoo can repair damaged hair fast because of its professional scalp cleansing feature.
- No harsh chemicals
- Contains 2% zinc pyrithione
- Perfect for sensitive scalps
- Super gentle formula
Furthermore, it cleanses the scalp so that every cell and organism can breathe well making your hair shiny.
Its active renewal system gets rid of the fatty acids in the scalp and rejuvenates hair.
- Moisturizes and cleanses your skin
- Doesn’t brake or damage the hair
- Works perfect with normal types of hair
- Doesn’t have a smell
9. Moroccan Leave-On Conditioner For Dry Hair and Hair Growth by Maple Holistics
This is another great conditioner for menopausal hair from Maple Holistics.
The conditioner has many essential natural ingredients that benefit your scalp.
You do not have to worry about what style of hair it deals with since the conditioner works for any type of hair.
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Contains salicylic acid
- Reduces inflammation and irritation
- Removes dead skin cells
Whatever gender, age, or race can use this shampoo for dry and thin hair.
Teenagers can even use it. One of its most remarkable features is its amazing detangling feature. This is what makes it a favorite among many clients.
- Provides immediate comfort for dried out scalps
- Leaves an amazing scent
- Works with all types of water
- Doesn’t smell at all
10. Biotin Therapy Shampoo for Hair Thinning Shampoo by Pura D’OR
Another Pura D’OR menopausal hair shampoo made this list.
This quality brand shampoo is rich in essential natural oils concentrating mainly on addressing issues like hair thinning and hair fall.
- Kills fungus and bacteria
- Treats dandruff and other scalp problems
- Smells fresh and nice
- Gets rid of flakes fast
It makes the scalp healthy and prevents breakage because it has 12 DHT blockers.
The smell can entice both men and women.
Moreover, you can save a lot from using this shampoo. That is because you only need a small amount to lather.
- Moisturizes and fights flakes
- Leaves your hair silky smooth
- Makes your scalp more resistant to irritation
- Makes your hair frizz
11. Hairgenics Biotin Clinical-Strength Hair Growth, Regrowth and Hair Loss Shampoo by Pronexa
Are you searching for menopausal hair shampoo that has clinically-proven ingredients?
Pronexa’s shampoo specially made this shampoo for people who suffer from hair thinning and hair loss.
- Plant-based shampoo
- Contains vitamin E and tea tree oil
- Has lavender oil and hyaluronic acid
- Eliminates flakes and eczema
In many cases, it has given satisfactory results for menopausal hair when the scalp becomes more sensitive and the hair starts to thin.
It also contains DHT blockers, biotin, vitamin B5, and aloe vera among its many effective and safe ingredients.
Furthermore, the shampoo is also cruelty-free and FDA-certified. Therefore, this shampoo from Pronexa is worth checking out.
- Moisturizes and soothes your hair
- Protects and nourishes the scalp
- Helps keeping a natural balance of the scalp
- There’s no smell
12. Extra-Strength For Hair Growth and Hair Loss Biotin Shampoo by Maple Holistics
Maple Holistics uses Biotin on its shampoo formulation for advanced hair treatment and maximal hair growth.
Even though much care is given on the hair and scalp, changes such as menopause can cause problems.
- Contains a fare dose of ketoconazole
- Caffeine and saw palmetto
- Has biotin for extra nourishment
- Promotes natural hair growth
This shampoo from Maple Holistics is one of the best options for this situation.
The scalp can become healthier and enjoy better circulation because of the extra ingredients such as jojoba oil and tea tree oil.
The result of the product on both men and women is outstanding.
- Hydrates and strengthens your hair
- Moisturizes the scalp
- Actively fights dryness and flakes
- Overwhelming perfume
13. DR Hair and Scalp Treatment and Cleanser Shampoo by Regenepure
One of the rare quality menopausal hair shampoo brands is Regenepure.
Their DR line is primarily best used for hair fall problems and improving hair follicles. Aside from these, it also makes the scalp healthy and the hair full.
- Infused with salicylic acid
- Perfect for persistent itching
- Fights infractions
There are no harmful ingredients include, and both men and women can use this to address specific hair problems.
The scent is also not overpowering. It is a great post-menopause hair product because it encourages hair growth.
- Boosts shine and moisturize
- Doesn’t leave inflammation untreated
- Fights scalp dryness
- Has sulfates and artificial fragrance
14. Premium Revivahair Biotin Volumizing Shampoo by Pure Biology
Pure Biology is a science-based enterprise that creates skincare products for men and women.
Its volumizing shampoo is one of their premier shampoo products that help menopausal women fixing hair problems.
- Contains 5% coal tar
- Ideal shampoo for psoriasis
- Effectively works twice a week
- Controls itchiness and flakiness
It has a lot of boosting ingredients and vitamins such as castor oil, vitamins B and E, and coconut oil.
Moreover, it repairs the scalp and prevents hair damage and thinning.
- Perfectly moisturizes and nourishes your skin
- Doesn’t leave any untreated flakes
- Works great with sensitive skin
- Doesn’t condition very thick hair
15. Hair Surge Caffeine Growth-Stimulating by Ultrax Labs
Caffeine is important for having healthy hair. It has the power to make hair fight breakage and thinning, making it very strong.
Ultrax Labs, an award-winning American brand, released this shampoo with caffeine, which boosts growth and makes the scalp of both men and women healthy.
- Cooling mint leaves
- Contains pyrithione zinc
- Get rid of irritation and inflammation
The brand is well-known because of the salon-tested and scientifically-studied formulation.
You will be pleasantly surprised by the wonders that it can do to your hair.
- Moisturizes and hydrates your skin
- Works great with over-dried scalps
- Leaves your hair shiny and undamaged
- Not the best smell
16. Anti-Aging Hair Moisturizer and Hair-Stimulating Conditioner for Hair Loss by Veta
This hair-stimulating conditioner from Veta contains no chemicals. Instead, it has aloe vera, essential oil, ginseng root, and saw palmetto that boosts hair growth.
Its special formulation vitalizes hair follicles and prevents hair loss and thinning.
- Infused with pyrithione zinc
- Contains liquorice root extract
- Perfect for children
- Reduces pain and inflammation
Moreover, it is an organic shampoo for hair loss because of its strong ingredients that fight off DHT which causes thin hair.
The essential ingredients of this conditioner are nourishing for the scalp.
Your scalp can benefit from this because it decreases shedding, promotes hair growth, and protects the hair.
- Enhances hair growth with different nutrients
- Leaves your hair smelling nice and fresh
- Deeply cleanses and moisturises your skin
- It makes your hair flat
17. Hair Restoration Laboratories Hair Restore Shampoo for Hair Thinning and Hair Loss by DHT Halting Technology
This hair restoration shampoo from DHT Halting Technology has ingredients that give strength to hair. It also stimulates hair growth and blocks DHT.
From the root to the tip, it cleanses the hair well and makes it smooth, healthy, and silky.
- Contains chamomile and nettle oils
- Infused with pyrithione zinc
- Completely vegan and cruelty-free
Moreover, it can volumize the hair with continued use. It also has 25% more DHT blockers compared to other shampoos.
What makes it better as a hair growth product is its formulation with pygeum bark extract, pumpkin seed oil, and caffeine.
It also has a great scent and is safe to use because it is free from silicone, sulfates and parabens.
- Cleans your hair and makes it better-looking
- Moisturizes and nourishes your scalp
- Provides all the nutrients for a healthy scalp and hair
- Doesn’t work well with thick hair
Finally, you now have some ideas about the best shampoo and conditioner for menopausal hair.
Nevertheless, when making a choice, you should consider your needs and refer to the aforementioned list of factors on what to consider when choosing your shampoo and conditioner.
All the products on this list are considered safe and effective. Therefore, you can try any of them, depending on your preference and budget.
Menopausal hair is easy to resolve with the right treatment. Therefore, you do not need to be frustrated about it. You can get the hair you want by trying shampoos specially made for this.
Biotin Hair Growth and Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Shampoos and conditions well
Infused with biotin and other natural ingredients
Hsa jojoba and coconut oils
Founder & Hair Beauty Specialist
I’m Aida and this is my blog where I write mostly about beauty and make up related stuff, but I like to spice it up a bit with lifestyle and photography posts. Or with whatever that comes to my mind. Hope you will enjoy the reading enough that we will ‘see’ each other more often!