15 Trendy 1-Year Baby Boy Hairstyles (+ Hair Care Tips!)
- Hairstyling your baby boy’s hair is essential to let them feel comfortable and presentable, as the toddler stage entails being extra active and enthusiastic.
- You can style your little boy in many hairstyles, like bangs, faux hawk, buzz cuts, crew cuts, mop tops, box braids, and fringes.
- Little boy haircuts listed in the hairstyle ideas section of this article are suited for any hair type, such as long, short, thin, thick, and curly hair.
- Cutting your little boys’ hair is easy; you must prepare the necessary materials, calm your baby boys, cut their strands in style, and clean the remnants of the cutting sesh!
One-year-old baby boys are described by the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) as physically active and enthusiastic little probers. 
This means they get to be all around the place often.
As they engage in indoor playdates, park plays, and toddler school, the most important thing to make them presentable on all occasions is to sizzle their straight and curly hair with different styles.
Many parents would keep their little boy’s hair at a manageable length with minimal styling. Yet, some want to elevate the child’s personality by transforming the trendy adult version into a super cool little boy haircut.
Whether you’re the former or the latter, this article is for you!
We’ll present you with a wide range of 1-year-old baby boy hairstyles, some important questions to address, and helpful hair care tips to guide you in your baby boy haircut styling journey.
Ready your combs, hair gel, scissors, and other styling accessories; let’s dive right in!
15 1-Year Baby Boy Hairstyle Ideas to Try Out
Now that every hair care tip in a baby boy haircut and hairstyle has been laid down, one thing left to do is show you the best baby boy haircuts your toddlers would love!
Fade 1-Year-Old Baby Boys Hairstyle
Elevate the hair game of your baby boys by giving them the always-on-trend fade for their new haircut that can also be a matchy hairstyle for your boys and their cool dads!
A bold fade similar to the picture will make your baby boy look like a little man, and this hairstyle can be capped by little boys with thick hair, straight hair, short hair, long hair, thin hair, and even those with loose curls.
This cute hairstyle can be more adorable if you keep the top hair longer than other head parts.
Thin Hair 1-Year-Old Baby Boy Hairstyle
For a baby boy with thinner hair, nothing’s a better match than shaving the sides and side-swept top hair, similar to the charming baby boy in the image.
In order to make the side style linger, especially in photoshoots, events, and school days, you can use baby oil or an all-organic wax and gel.
Curly 1-Year-Old Baby Boy Hairstyle
Having curly hair means one thing – braids! For your baby boy, there is nothing a pair of cornrows can’t do that will make your little boy ooze with charm and personality.
You can also add some shaving styles, a streak, or waxed baby hairs in front. Make sure to use razors and clippers responsibly to keep your baby safe.
Long 1-Year-Old Baby Boy Hairstyle
When talking about a cool haircut, one thing that comes to mind is long spikes. This will not just be a good-looking style but will also make your little boys feel good as they are sporting baby boy haircuts similar to Shark Boy!
However, fine hair is needed to have this long hairstyle. Although it will still work for those with curls, it might need a lot of gel and wax to keep it upright.
Asian 1-Year-Old Baby Boy Hairstyle
There is nothing more Asian than a bowl cut, which most Asian kids have surely sported at least once in their life.
Cute haircuts like this emphasize the child’s eyes, nose, and lips as the full bangs cover the forehead. More importantly, it will match your little boys’ youthful glow.
Nonetheless, Asian bowl baby boy hairstyles like this help boost the natural volume of your child’s hair, making it look healthy and bouncy.
Thick Hairstyle on 1-Year-Old Baby Boy
Thick hair is often associated with kids with curly hair, and a strategy to tame it is by doing multiple side cornrows.
Toddler haircuts identical to this screams DRIP, which means at such a young age, your young boys already have style.
Aside from the visual aesthetics, this hair cut ensures that your baby boy’s eyes will not be poked or distracted by messy hair.
Wispy Bangs Baby Boy Haircuts
Silly boys are giddy for a wispy short haircut as it matches how carefree and playful they are.
This little guy haircut is also low maintenance, which entails fewer styling time and haircutting sessions.
The only problem that may arise from this hair cut is that it may look a little higgledy-piggledy for your young ones. But there’s nothing a gel or a light mousse can’t fix!
Faux Hawk Cut Little Boy Haircuts
Faux hawk or fohawk, regardless of what it is called, one thing’s for sure — boy haircuts like this are a must-have and a go-to for your little boy.
This stylish faux hawk look is often done on a little boy with thicker hair.
Moreover, the process of achieving this look certainly involves a razor for the cool-looking line that separates the shaved lower area from the upstanding crown part of the head.
Buzz Cut Toddler Hairstyles
Buzzing its way through this baby boy haircuts list is the buzz cut. When your little boy wears this, you can tell he looks like Buzz Lightyear minus the violet hair cap and helmet!
Also, this baby boy haircut is a perfect partner if you want your child’s hair short during the summer season. This haircut’s stylish short sides and clean shaves will give your toddler not just some sleek-looking visuals but also comfort, especially during hot days.
It’s also time-efficient as you will have minimal barber visits, and it even limits the use of styling accessories.
Fringe Cut Little Boy Hairstyles
Looking like the classic cartoon Peter Pan is made easy with this fringe cut as one of the baby boy haircuts on this list.
This haircut complements naturally straight hair, long hair, and medium-length hair because the fringes will fall perfectly, creating a beautiful masterpiece for your young dudes.
Other haircuts may focus on style and strand benefits, but a fringe cut also highlights the benefits in the face shape of your baby boys,
It complements sharp jaws, hides broad foreheads, and balances their head size with the hair’s volume.
Crew Cut Toddler Boy Haircut
A crew cut is one of the timeless baby boy haircuts that exude charm and appeal, perfect for your little boys.
This baby boy hairstyle is characterized by a short pompadour style, which means a wavelike front form.
In recent years, shave styling ramped up the crew cut, adding some fine lines and shapes to make this more charismatic. Nonetheless, even if all these boys-haircuts innovations are made, the neat-look haircut brand of a crew cut is still in place.
FUN FACT: This style started as the Ivy League rowing teams’ uniform cut, which later on became the look for the United States of America military men during the height of World War II.
Medium Length Little Boy Haircuts
Medium-length baby boy hairstyles are detailed by a two to four-inch hair length. Little boy haircuts like this are great for kids who live in cold areas as they can cover the back of their neck and ears.
Thicker hair is also needed for it to be styled better and for it to look like the ultimate eye candy!
Mop Top Toddler Boy Haircuts
The best baby boy haircuts list without the mop top style will never be complete. This haircut is a thinner version of the Asian bowl cut with short sides and longer hair on top.
This is a short hair layered style that is very harmonized with the playful personality of your young ones, as this haircut is often springy and jumpy, like your kids!
Little Afro Baby Boy Hairstyles
Afro hair is also a very excellent hair type to style with. However, if you do not like the braids, letting your baby boy’s hair loose like this is a great way to let the strands and scalp breathe.
To make it look neat and modern, styling through shaving is the key. Just be extra careful with your razors, as they can inflict pain on your little kids.
Side Box Braids With Zigzag Baby Boy Haircuts
The best way to end this list of the best baby boy haircuts is through stunning side box braids with zigzag lines.
Kids sport this haircut with Afro or black hair, yet, other kids with different hair types can also flaunt this look.
Nonetheless, braids like this are beneficial for those with Afro hair as they can help retain the moisture on the scalp, preventing strands from drying.
REMEMBER: Afro hair tends to be dry and brittle because its structure limits the flow and distribution of oils and moisture.
Can a 12-Month-Old Get a Haircut?
Going straight to the point, YES, a 12-month-old baby can get a haircut, especially in these situations:
- Strands obstructing the vision
- Cultural traditions
- Religious beliefs (e.g., Hinduism) 
- Medical conditions
In fact, the Made in Chelsea star, Louise Thompson, had his baby boy’s first haircut when he was almost one year or 12 months old. 
Nonetheless, you can have your little boy’s haircuts as early as 6 to 8 months of his life, depending on his hair type, and in cases where your baby boys have naturally thick hair.
At What Age Can You Start Styling Baby Hair?
You can start styling your baby’s hair when they reach at least six months old or the toddler stage, as they can already tolerate the slight discomfort that comes with little boy haircuts.
However, you need to follow some of these tips for the safety and security of your baby boys:
- Gently pull their hair when styling
- Avoid products that have synthetic components
- Don’t use hair gel with parabens and phthalates
You may also like: Check the Best Shampoos Without Harmful Chemicals
How Do I Style My 1-Year-Old’s Hair?
Styling your baby boy’s hair in many ways is possible, from braids, shaved sides, and any unique hairstyle.
When styling their hair, you must bear these in mind:
- Wash your little guy’s hair with baby shampoo before styling
- Add some baby-friendly conditioner thrice a week to moisturize dry hair
- Comb and part with a hairbrush (gentle brushing with a soft-bristled brush)
- Use hair gel or hair wax to hold slick boy hairstyles
- Use hair ties for toddler boys’ baby bun and braids
How Do You Cut a 1-Year-Old Boy’s Hair?
If you’re in this article to know how to cut your kids’ hair from longer hair to medium-length hair or even short hair, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can do it inside the comfort of your home:
- Get your materials ready. Your little man will not be as patient compared to cutting adult hair, so you need to place everything for the haircut process to be swift and efficient. Materials you must prepare include:
- A spray bottle with water
- Towel or cloth
- Baby hair’s cutting scissor set
- Baby’s chair
- Calm your baby boy. Gently talk your baby boy out of haircut anxiety, and get him to sit on the chair. You can use rewards to persuade your little guy.
- Cut their hair. Start by snipping at the back by getting a group of strands, clipping them between your fingers, and cutting ends at an incline angle. You can also use a comb to help clip their hair instead of your fingers.
- Clean your little gents’ faces, necks, and ears. You must do this to brush off hair residue, as it may cause itchiness and irritation.
What Products Are Safe for Babies’ Hair?
The products that are safe for your little boys are those that have the following components:
- Extra virgin coconut oil – This component can help strands thrive because of vitamin E and can even aid in positive neurodevelopmental effects. 
- Plant-derived gentle fragrances – Natural products like this are soft to the scalp and can significantly avoid scalp irritation and inflammation, which is beneficial for your baby boys.
- 100% USDA organic baby oil – A USDA-certified organic baby oil will guide your baby boy’s strands and skin into reaching a moisturized state.
- Fruit and seed oils – Based on research, oils like sunflower and almond can provide better hydration for your baby’s skin and scalp, especially for infants. 
- Plant-based preservatives – These are essential to keep your baby’s strands and scalp away from harmful bacteria.
Moreover, here are the products you can use to get your baby’s hair in a healthy state to style a cute hairstyle easily:
- Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash and Shampoo has natural oat extract, perfect for baby boys’ with normal or sensitive skin, as it has helpful lipids, vitamins, proteins, enzymes, and antioxidants that come from natural sources.
- California Baby Calming Hair Detangler Spray is a sulfate and gluten-free spray that can prevent locks and mattes from your baby boys’ curls which can be sources of pain.
- Johnson’s Baby Curl Defining Leave-In Conditioner is a pediatrician-tested product that is paraben, sulfate, and dye-free, which can make your baby boys’ curly strands healthy and hydrated.
What Food Is Good for Baby Hair Growth?
Aside from applying the best organic hair care products on your baby boys, the other way to help their hair grow healthily is through a balanced diet.
This includes the intake of the following food:
- Avocado is loaded with vitamins B and E, aiding hair growth and preventing strand loss.
- Beans are sources of protein, zinc, biotin, and folate beneficial for growing healthy strands. 
- Carrots have vitamins A and E and are loaded with antioxidants that help the scalp’s blood circulation.
- Eggs are filled with biotin (vitamin B7 or vitamin H), which supplements the growth of your baby’s strands. 
- Whole grains are complete with vitamin B, iron, and zinc to boost the growth of your baby boys’ healthy strands. 
What to Avoid When Dealing With a Baby Boy’s Hair?
When dealing with little guys’ hair, there are many things you need to avoid, from technique to products used.
For your baby boys’ safety, you need to AVOID hair care products that have one of these ingredients:
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Synthetic fragrances
You may also like:
Also, other things you need to avoid are:
- Tight headbands can weaken the strength of the baby’s strands and even break some follicles.
- Hard-bristle brushes will not complement the baby’s sensitive skin and scalp as they may damage the outermost layer of the skin through constant brushing, and this will cause discomfort to the baby.
- Extremely firm hair tying may cause loss of strands for your baby boys at a young age.
- Hairdryers can be exceptionally hot, damaging a baby’s delicate skin.
As parents, there’s something in cute kids’ hairstyles that make your hearts flutter.
Aside from that, a good hairstyling technique also helps your little boys have fun, as their haircuts and styles will not get away with their play and school time.
Although a dashing hairstyle is a joy to watch and wear, always consider what a good hair care regimen can do to your babies. ALWAYS use gentle, tear-free, natural, and organic products.
Also, remember to AVOID synthetic fragrances and other harmful chemicals, as they can irritate your baby’s skin and scalp.
Now that your 1-year-old baby boy hairstyle arsenal is locked and loaded, the only thing left for you to do is to put these tips and tricks in action!
Founder & Hair Beauty Specialist
I’m Aida and this is my blog where I write mostly about beauty and make up related stuff, but I like to spice it up a bit with lifestyle and photography posts. Or with whatever that comes to my mind. Hope you will enjoy the reading enough that we will ‘see’ each other more often!